Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Shipping from US

Off Topic Comments, Help, Tips and Trick

by Michael » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:57 pm

Brian C wrote:Thinking I should order some new winter wetsuit booties before the soles wear through mine. Prefer 5-mil or really warm 3-mil, with snug fit for good feel on the board. Anybody have any suggested favourites and suppliers? Richi- what did you have on the other day?; they looked like a good smooth design for windsurfing.

Brian

Hey Brian, Atan Booties !! Very thin but they keep you warm. I tried the split toe but didn't like them much. The Mistrals are great.
http://www.isthmussailboards.com/Atan-Mistral-3mm-Round-Toe-Boot/productinfo/ATMIS/
Michael

by Richi » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:27 pm

Yes Brian, I use the atan booties, they advertise a barefoot feel ( insert joke here). They are definately quite warm for a 3 mil but not sure if they are enough for the winter months. I bought the split toes this time, but will probably buy the plain round toe next time as my big toes feel really crammed. These are really nice for spring and fall, I believe KUS at BWD sells them on the island.

I also bought some neilpryde 4 mil booties at Bellingham kiteboarding last year, they feel really bulky and not much warmer than the Atans. One other thing about the Atans is that they don't last too long, the soft latex wears out quick.

The next pair of booties Im going to try is the Quicksilver neogoo 5 mill, they seam to be really streamlined for easy entry going in and out of straps and totally ruberized for extra warmth. I can't find these locally to try the fit though.
Richi

by AdrienGrelon » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:53 am

Richi wrote:The next pair of booties Im going to try is the Quicksilver neogoo 5 mill, they seam to be really streamlined for easy entry going in and out of straps and totally ruberized for extra warmth. I can't find these locally to try the fit though.

I got the 5mil Quicksilver "Syncros" recently. They were the cheapest at Pacific Boarder at around $55 after-tax, and are currently holding up great! Warm enough for the NEsterly session a BBay, and they don't slide around on the feet like my prior Ocean Rodeos. Used to hate riding in booties because of that, but these don't bother me at all to sail with.

Pacific Boarder has a good selection if you want to try some different options, Brian.
AdrienGrelon

by Slappy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:54 am

I use http://www.ship2blaine.com/ but be aware it's just some dude's house in Blaine so shipping a few thousand dollars of kites there might be risky. You also have to specify that no signature is required as they just drop stuff off at their house (not very secure). Also when you pick it up it's from a large box that has everyone's stuff in it (again not very secure).

The reason I use it is because of the hours, all the commercial places have terrible hours. Like 10-4 Saturday and closed on Sundays. With Ship2Blaine it's pretty much 24/7 pick up.

It is a bit far out of the way though too.
Slappy

by Faceplant » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:51 am

I just backed out of the deal. Brutal!
It seemed too risky. Even paying taxes only on 3000 US would've cost me 400 bucks or more. All of a sudden the deal didn't look too good.
Oh well, maybe another deal will pop up somewhere. Thanks for the pointers. Everyone. :ugeek:
Faceplant

by Alton » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:00 pm

I just picked up a parcel from TSB Shipping at 10:30am this morning and the line went outside the building. Border wait for regular passengers was only 10 minutes but the Nexus lane was much longer.

Unleaded gas in Point Roberts is $0.83/L
Alton

Previous

Return to General