Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Nexus Application

Off Topic Comments, Help, Tips and Trick

by Faceplant » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:35 am

I just applied for mine. I'd like to do wife :shock: , I mean I'd like to complete her application too, along with kid. Once this is all done, is it easy to have interview for whole family at once?
Faceplant

by Alton » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:42 am

Faceplant wrote:I just applied for mine. I'd like to do wife :shock: , I mean I'd like to complete her application too, along with kid. Once this is all done, is it easy to have interview for whole family at once?

I too would like to do my wife but after 21 years of marriage I resort to begging :cry:

... Kid is free. Scheduling family appointments is very common and easy. You'll need register separate "GOES" accounts for each member of your family.
Alton

by Michael » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:52 am

Faceplant wrote:I just applied for mine. I'd like to do wife :shock: , I mean I'd like to complete her application too, along with kid. Once this is all done, is it easy to have interview for whole family at once?

We just got the families Nexus cards. It's better to apply for theirs at the same time you get yours as the process is the same no matter what. Once you've filled in your applications, a separate one for each family member, you can reschedule your appointments so they are back to back. Like 3:00, 3:15, 3:30.... at the place you choose. Then all go there together. You will need to go to their interview anyways even if it's at a later date as both parents must be present at a child's interview. If you go to the airport you can get the retina scan done as well. My kids loved that.
Michael

by Faceplant » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:20 am

So far the process has been quite easy. Applied for the 3 of us to get Nexus. Approximately 11 days went by until I could select interview date. We selected the 3 of us in a row for next Wednesday in Blaine. The airport, or the address on main street Vancouver was a 4 week wait.
According to what I've read, after the interview we can expect to receive cards in 10 days or so?? That would be cool.
Faceplant

by Slappy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:55 am

Michael wrote:
Faceplant wrote: If you go to the airport you can get the retina scan done as well. My kids loved that.

I thought kids didn't have to give biometrics?
Slappy

by Alton » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:09 am

Faceplant wrote:So far the process has been quite easy. Applied for the 3 of us to get Nexus. Approximately 11 days went by until I could select interview date. We selected the 3 of us in a row for next Wednesday in Blaine. The airport, or the address on main street Vancouver was a 4 week wait.
According to what I've read, after the interview we can expect to receive cards in 10 days or so?? That would be cool.

Holy cow that's fast. I took me over 2 months. Still need to get Nexus for my wife and daughter so this is very encouraging :D
Alton

by Chuck » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:25 am

Yeah, you guys have lucked out on the timing thing, I'm facing a four month wait for my RENEWAL meeting! And that's in Blaine as well, Vancouver was even longer, booked up through June :shock:
Chuck

by Alton » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:26 am

Chuck wrote:Yeah, you guys have lucked out on the timing thing, I'm facing a four month wait for my RENEWAL meeting! And that's in Blaine as well, Vancouver was even longer, booked up through June :shock:

Hey Chuck - periodically try re-scheduling your appointment for an earlier date. I shaved off 3 weeks that way.
Alton

by Chuck » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:09 am

Alton wrote:
Chuck wrote:Yeah, you guys have lucked out on the timing thing, I'm facing a four month wait for my RENEWAL meeting! And that's in Blaine as well, Vancouver was even longer, booked up through June :shock:

Hey Chuck - periodically try re-scheduling your appointment for an earlier date. I shaved off 3 weeks that way.

That's a good idea, I'd have been on top of it more, but with the lousy dollar (78 cents, ouch!) and crappy Locust conditions the past few months (only a handful of days...what does your session count say for Locust?) it hasn't been a huge priority. Regardless, my interview is next week :)
Chuck

by Alton » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:17 am

Chuck wrote:That's a good idea, I'd have been on top of it more, but with the lousy dollar (78 cents, ouch!) and crappy Locust conditions the past few months (only a handful of days...what does your session count say for Locust?) it hasn't been a huge priority. Regardless, my interview is next week :)

Locust has been good to me. 6 sessions in 2015. Maybe another one Sunday :D

2015_sessions.png
2015_sessions.png (28.22 KiB) Viewed 14056 times
Alton

Previous

Return to General