Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Maryhill Report

Off Topic Comments, Help, Tips and Trick

by AdrienGrelon » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:47 pm

Just got back from Maryhill G-ride longboarding event in Washington. Should've figured out a way to bring windsurfing gear, as it was 30 knots, all day everyday on from Friday to Sunday. Found a spot where you can definitely launch from the Maryhill state park camping site, even if the swell off that launch isn't as voluptuous as that of the sacred hatchery.

Double sessions (longboarding + windsurfing) would've been possible every day.

Absolutely mental weekend on the Maryhill Loops road, though. Definitely the most adrenaline I've felt in a while, and only a little bit of road rash to my name!

AdrienGrelon

by Alton » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:58 pm

You adrenaline junkie! Guess your ankle's good now. Thanks for the video. Many years ago Francis got me into longboarding for 1 year until it was stolen from my wife's car. Now longboarding scares the crap out of me - must be my advanced age.

Keep on carving!!!
Alton

by LeopardSkin » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:39 pm

"The Wall" is just downwind of Maryhill. Sometimes bigger swell than hatchery.
LeopardSkin

by C36 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:09 pm

LeopardSkin wrote:"The Wall" is just downwind of Maryhill. Sometimes bigger swell than hatchery.

Exactly what I was thinking. :D ;)
Click here to view a sample day.
C36

by AdrienGrelon » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:27 pm

Alton wrote:You adrenaline junkie! Guess your ankle's good now. Thanks for the video. Many years ago Francis got me into longboarding for 1 year until it was stolen from my wife's car. Now longboarding scares the crap out of me - must be my advanced age.

Keep on carving!!!

My heel is definitely getting much better. I can walk almost normally now, heel-striking cautiously with my left foot. It's impacts, more than gradual pressure, that cause discomfort in it, so riding a longboard was no issue, especially as it's my back foot and most of the weight/Gs are going into the front.

C36 wrote:
LeopardSkin wrote:"The Wall" is just downwind of Maryhill. Sometimes bigger swell than hatchery.

Exactly what I was thinking. :D ;)
Click here to view a sample day.

Holy sh*t!!! That's insane.

I'm thinking of heading back down this weekend with housemates + Cam (kiter) for windsurfing. The hatch, if I recall correctly, is mainly port-tack jumping, so that's manageable with my heel, though by Friday I'm hopeful that it'll be very close to 100% anyways.
AdrienGrelon

by LeopardSkin » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:04 pm

This video of Dale Cook was taken at The Wall. I was there too. Was maxed on a 3.2. He's on 4.2.

LeopardSkin

by C36 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:17 pm

Here's a video from last Thursday (July 17th) at the 'The Wall'. Sweet rolling swell! 8-)

C36

Return to General