Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Goya order

For sale, wanted and promotions

by Peter » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:34 am

This may be the wrong time to look at a USD purchase but I'm likely going to order a Goya One 85 as Rhonda needs to update her big board. Is anyone interested in combining an order to see if we can get a deal?

I know that Ryan was super keen on the Custom Quad. I rode a 118 l in Maui this week and loved how it turned compared to my Freewave. We're going with the One for a big board option, though since it's still pretty turns with a thruster set up but a little quicker to plane and more forgiving.

Ryan, did you buy one?

I've ordered from them before to PDX so I could pick it up there and hold it in the Gorge.

Peter
Peter

by Chris Klohn » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:56 am

I picked up the 118 & 84 Custom Quads a year ago.............couldn't be happier from 2.8 - 6.8 winds in flat water to mast high side off waves.
Ask Richi about a group order too. I recall him debating about a year ago whether or not to go with an 84L Quad.

Cheers,

Chris
Chris Klohn

by C36 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:00 am

Peter wrote:This may be the wrong time to look at a USD purchase but I'm likely going to order a Goya One 85 as Rhonda needs to update her big board... ...I rode a 118 l in Maui this week and loved how it turned compared to my Freewave. We're going with the One for a big board option, though since it's still pretty turns with a thruster set up but a little quicker to plane and more forgiving...

Peter

Peter: Sounds like you are having fun travelling and sailing. Trust you are both well and happy. Both board options are excellent options IMHO. Funny part is I did the reverse - went from a single fin 2009 Goya One 85 (which I really enjoyed) to a quad 2012 Goya Quad Custom 84 and then finally to a quad 2012 Quad Custom 92. With the One now being a thruster the differences between the two have likely narrowed somewhat. With each change I was lucky enough to sail the boards head-to-head in local conditions before making my final decision and suited my personal preferences.

I trust you know that the Goya loft in Haiku may have some used boards in their demo fleet at reduced prices, but mention it just in case you or others are still shopping and weren't aware.

Enjoy your new ride Rhonda! :D

ps You two must be gaining some incredible 'local knowledge' on the Gorge and Oregon coast. It would be interesting to hear about some of your favorite discoveries / experiences. :D
C36

by Peter » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:53 pm

No discoveries, really. You probably sail the coast more than we do as we go for a week each year around the wave bash - though this year we've promised each other to go more weekend to Oceanside.

The only improvements to my sailing are handling chop! I can soak up Doug's bumpiness pretty well now since that is our normal "after work for an hour" spot. The advantage is better speed and much better air so all I really need to do is get a little braver and do something with that extra air.

I hope everyone is getting lots of wind. We haven't sailed any easterlies since the fall so our pattern suggests Dec-Feb are non-Gorge sailing months - until I get a drysuit again anyway.
Peter

Return to Buy and Sell