Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Boards for Trade?

For sale, wanted and promotions

by mjamero » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:56 pm

Francis wrote:Sorry guys it's long gone, it has been replaced with fanatic 123 and 7m retro :D I agree this kind of volume is hard to find, I just got lucky "my buddy Richie knows that" ;)

Thanks for the update. So how did you end up with the Fanatic 123 over the Carve 121?
mjamero

by Craig » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:03 pm

I think Nexen at Squamish should be your goto,especially on a low tide. Sandy bay. Onshore wind. And you can venture out into the sound as you feel more confident. Stay away from the spit. Frigid water,sideshore wind, river current,crowds, kites, kites, kites....and more kites.

About the carve 99. I am 175lbs and can uphaul it. I live in Sq. And usually bring it to the beach. You are welcome to try it anytime. Maybe later in the summer.

Come up and introduce yourself. We are friendly. ;)

See you on the water.
Craig
Craig

by Craig » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:11 pm

I would also recommend a long weekend at Nitinat. Brackish water makes the board feel bigger. And very predictable wind. By far my favorite place to windsurf
/camp. June to sept any sunny weekend it is worth going.

See you there.
Craig.
Craig

by Michael » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:38 pm

mjamero wrote:
Francis wrote:Sorry guys it's long gone, it has been replaced with fanatic 123 and 7m retro :D I agree this kind of volume is hard to find, I just got lucky "my buddy Richie knows that" ;)

Thanks for the update. So how did you end up with the Fanatic 123 over the Carve 121?

Fanatic have some great boards and in that volume range I think they are better than the Starboards. Look for a Gecko, Shark, or Hawk. I had a Shark 145 and quickly moved down to a 110L RRD FSW. There is a 106 Tabou 3S on Craigslist which would be awesome, I think you could move down to that quite easily. It would be great to sail at Squamish and really good for learning to water start. I was surprised that it was easier to learn to water start on a smaller board than my 145 because you can't really sink the tail on those bigger boards. Anyways Fanatic, Tabou and RRD are also all good brands. I have one of each actually 2 Tabou boards now (they are FUN) and a Starboard. If you see something you think is the right size or are interested in buying just ask and we'll help you out. Again that 3S is a fun and easy to sail board, perfect for around here, maybe a little pricey for the year but it looks like it's in good shape. http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/spo/5523771187.html
Michael

by mjamero » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:29 pm

Craig wrote:I think Nexen at Squamish should be your goto,especially on a low tide. Sandy bay. Onshore wind. And you can venture out into the sound as you feel more confident. Stay away from the spit. Frigid water,sideshore wind, river current,crowds, kites, kites, kites....and more kites.

About the carve 99. I am 175lbs and can uphaul it. I live in Sq. And usually bring it to the beach. You are welcome to try it anytime. Maybe later in the summer.

Come up and introduce yourself. We are friendly. ;)

See you on the water.
Craig

So a 99 Carve is still uphaulable. Good to know. I would image your sail size would be smaller and easier to uphaul at Squamish than what you would use at English Bay.

Thank you to everyone on here for being so friendly and welcoming. When you folks are out there shredding on 40 litre boards, 2.0m sails, in hurricane force winds, it can be a little intimidating for us newbies still working on basics like waterstarts and gybes. :D
mjamero

by mjamero » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:30 pm

Craig wrote:I would also recommend a long weekend at Nitinat. Brackish water makes the board feel bigger. And very predictable wind. By far my favorite place to windsurf
/camp. June to sept any sunny weekend it is worth going.

See you there.
Craig.

Nitnat is definitely on the list at least once this summer!
mjamero

by mjamero » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:42 pm

Michael wrote:I was surprised that it was easier to learn to water start on a smaller board than my 145 because you can't really sink the tail on those bigger boards.

That actually makes a lot of sense.

Michael wrote:that 3S is a fun and easy to sail board, perfect for around here, maybe a little pricey for the year but it looks like it's in good shape. http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/spo/5523771187.html

That is an awesome looking board. 106 is smaller than what I had initially considered but now you have me considering other possibilities including smaller boards. As awesome as that Tabou 3S seems to be, the $$$ is far more than I can justify on what would essentially be an experiment at this stage. This is why I was thinking of trading for something of similar value and familiarity.
mjamero

by mjamero » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:08 am

Does this board belong to anyone on here?

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/spo/5546462934.html

I tried a couple of times to get in touch with the seller but they do not seem to be checking their email. Any comments on this board? It is a 2011 JP Freestyle Wave 111. I checked the JP 2011 catalog and it does not list a 111 FSW, only a 112.

Also curious how it compares to the Tabou 3S 106 which was mentioned earlier. The 3S is still for sale but pricey.
mjamero

by ShonanDB » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:03 am

I recently picked up a used 2013 JP FSW 101L for my light wind board and like it. I'm 75kg and can uphaul it fairly easily if needed and it gybes much better than my older slalom board that was around 110L. For the price and what it comes with, you should take a look at the 111L if the person gets back to you.
Darrell
ShonanDB

by Craig » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:18 pm

I tried to contact the JP FSW 111 also. no response. Wonder if it is a scam......I even tried with different email accounts, as I find sometimes Hotmail gets blocked or lost in junk folder.

it keeps getting reposted...but I would say it seems on the inexpensive side I would think-which is what draws our attention...the Tabou is on the pricy side I would also say...used windsurf gear depreciates so fast I sometimes wonder who is buying this stuff new....

Craig.
Craig

Previous

Return to Buy and Sell