Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Cape Sebastian Day 1

Windsurfing shop talk

by Michael » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:49 pm

First day of sailing at the Cape and it was intense. Logo to mast high all day. It was like one continuos set, they just didn't let up. Before I even got on the water 3 people had broken masts. I took me over an hour before I finally made it to the outside but not without getting totally hammered getting through the impact zone. By the time I made it back in I was done.
Dave and I called it a day and drove down the Crescent City hoping for a little less carnage but there was hardly any wind. Some nice waves though so we stayed for a SUP surf session. Tomorrow things look like they are going to settle down a bit and the swell is supposed to be shifting South and getting a bit smaller. Most intense day of windsurfing for me ever! Impressed by some of the guys who managed to sail but everyone got punished at one point or another.
Michael

by C36 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:51 pm

Some shots from the cape today (Sun, June 29). Strong wind and BIG swell! :shock:
C36

by Michael » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:49 pm

Way better today, the wind was a little light, 5.2 110L board and the waves were manageable, only waist to head high but there were a few bigger sets that rolled through. I had to swim for my gear once today and that was the only time I didn't make it to the outside. My confidence returned after the total beat down yesterday. It was great to get some wave rides in and practice a few of the things I learnt in San Carlos.
Michael

Return to Windsurfing