Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Forecasting Hood River

Windsurfing shop talk

by AdrienGrelon » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:32 am

So I know there was some local "report" that gave good descriptive predictions for the Gorge, but I can't remember what it's called... any ideas?

Cheers.

At this point I'm set on leaving early Friday, and coming back Monday, so that gives a 4 day session window to score some big air time at the hatch!
AdrienGrelon

by Alton » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:18 am

Alton

by telus022420 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:54 am

Link to the radio report for Temira.

http://www.gorgeradioaudio.net/audio/temira.mp3
telus022420

by AdrienGrelon » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:30 pm

Cheers guys!

Squampton just upgraded nicely for the weekend, so TOW should be had by all this weekend!
AdrienGrelon

by Alton » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:56 am

Adrien - the Gorge is looking favorable for you

Westerlies ease Tomorrow and focus central to west. Strong PM push for Friday and again Saturday. Coast north winds remain mild.

An approaching low usurps the North Pacific HIgh tomorrow, but westerlies should recover enough to deliver some moderate pm gains, strongest Central to Stevenson, as weak high pressure builds in the Gorge. On Friday more west winds with the marine layer possibly thick in the morning, as southwest flow aloft rotates from the low in the Gulf of Alaska. While early winds may be a little slack, by afternoon, the afternoon push looks quite stiff, 25-29 range. By Saturday the North Pacific HIgh engages in battle with a low to the north, and wins, for more westerlies ramping up in the afternoon. Corridor to NearEast the focus, but fairly widespread winds. At the coast, winds remain northerly but have trouble reaching above mid teens with low pressures lurking. The South Coast may deliver a bit more as the North Pacific High recovers a bit by Saturday.

Thu, Jun 19 2014

Low pressure offshore keeps the Coast winds lighter, but the Gorge sees modest builds thru the West to Central, with the desert warmer and abundant sun. Upper teens to low 20's near Stevenson and Hood River, maybe a 22-26 burst at peak. Upper teens to low 20 later for NearEast and mid to upper teens East. Sub to low teens W winds, North to Central Coast, N low to mid teens for the far South. Could be some showers overnight as a wave moves thru.

Fri, Jun 20 2014

A surface low brings in some clouds and showers in the morning, but the building ridge of high pressure should win out and provide ample afternoon gradient to power up Stevenson thru the Neareast anyway. Low to mid 20's, maybe in the 25-29 range for Swell at peak, later for Dougs. Jones Beach also good for upper teens to low 20. Coast winds stay in the mid teens range, northerlies.

Sat, Jun 21 2014

A passing wave brings in some early clouds, and by afternoon, the Gorge pressures look strong for mid and upper 20's, widespread west to east. Coast winds remain low to mid teens however. Happy Solstice! lots of daylight!
Alton

by AdrienGrelon » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:08 pm

Thanks for posting, but too much admin stuff (visa renewal, course work, etc) will have me stuck in Van.

Pissed that Squamish downgraded for Saturday...
AdrienGrelon

by Alton » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:11 pm

AdrienGrelon wrote:Thanks for posting, but too much admin stuff (visa renewal, course work, etc) will have me stuck in Van.

Pissed that Squamish downgraded for Saturday...

Don't loose hope. Squamish is still looking good Saturday and even better Sunday.
Alton

Return to Windsurfing