Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Boundary Bay Today

Windsurfing shop talk

by Michael » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:38 pm

Saw Roxstock's post and bolted down to the boat launch. Thank you dude!
What an awesome session! :D That was my best session since San Carlos and I notice that Tyson and Wyatts tips have made a big difference. First tack was text book Tyson, felt so good. Then I planed out of a few jibes, that was Wyatts tip. Felt totally stoked so went for my first Duck Jibe. I did just what they told me and it was so easy ducking the rig that when I grabbed it on the other side, I couldn't believe it, I then just fell in. Tried a few more but started over thinking, no problem ducking the rig but couldn't sail out of it. Things lightened up for about an hour in the middle and it was a bit of work to get planing but the last hour it picked up again. No big swell until the last hour then things started shaping up with the high tide. No booties today, super warm water. I saw one guy windsurfing with shorts and a T-shirt! :D Who was that dude! He was ripping around, there were a few other windsurfers out hope you guys had a good day, who was there? Saw Daniel Kiting and every time I passed him he had a huge smile on his face. Still can't believe that happened :o :D Forgot to mention I sailed for 3 hours, from 4 to 7.
Michael

Return to Windsurfing