Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Thursday Boundary Bay

Windsurfing shop talk

by Michael » Fri May 05, 2023 8:02 am

Finally feels like spring out there, scored a nice evening session yesterday with Chuck, Jerin and Scott. Was not expecting that at all. Arrived when the wind was light and rigged big, hoping to test out the 999. By the time I hit the water the wind had ramped up and it was way too much. Came in and re-rigged the 3.5 with the 799. Joined Scott and Jerin way outside to escape the weeds. Wow, some of my longest wave rides ever. Warm water, perfect wind and waves for days. Wind dropped around 7 so I came in and Chuck was there. We weren't sure if it would be enough but Chuck rigged and I grabbed the 5M. Once again the wing ramped up and I was over powered on the 5M but ripped around with Chuck for another hour. Super fun, so glad the water has warmed up!!
Michael

by Mike » Fri May 05, 2023 10:54 am

Nice score! I saw that wind late afternoon but didn't believe in it enough to drive out.

Instead I took the Friday morning shift out of 3rd. 12M kite on SB. Fast dropping tide. Lots of nice little waves to play in. There was a bit of weeds and (mostly) small sticks in the water (many I did not see but heard). Taken off my feet a couple of times and had to keep a sharp eye sometimes when taking a fast turn on a wave. Solo session??? 3 kiters and one winger walking out on the low tide as I was coming in.

Savoring the time on water lately. Puppy arriving soon so that will keep me off water for a while.
Mike

Return to Windsurfing