Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Monday westerly?

Windsurfing shop talk

by Alton » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:59 pm

Fun in the sun, wind and waves like being on vacation. WSW 20-25+ with waist to chest high waves. First on the water windsurfing with 5.2/93L (overpowered) at 7am with Brad 4.7/78L - cleanest waves early morning before the tide dropped. Later followed by Johnny, Richi, BabyMama and C36. Timed 3 conference calls with sail changes (4.7 then back to 5.2). Tons of fun playing in the waves with everyone - gybe heaven!

With ebbing (dropping tide), the outside swell became more disorganized (inside swell remained clean) but keeping upwind was totally effortless.

Shared the waves with tons of kiters (7m-9m) at the west end of Acadia.

Ended the session at 12:30pm with a downwinder to dog beach (official kite launch) with Richi and BabyMama.

It was the perfect day enjoying lunch at Jericho Hostel with AJ and Richi followed by trash talk at Locarno with Jerry, Francis, AJ and Richi then finished off over a pitcher of beer and even more trash talk at the Jericho Sailing Centre Patio.

Jericho_Mon_May_9.gif
Jericho_Mon_May_9.gif (21.8 KiB) Viewed 3622 times
Alton

by Michael » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:52 pm

Acadia is done now. Fun (5.2/90 quad)!

I just saw your quad for sale and was wondering what you were sailing on Monday?
Did you get another Quad after the PSC trip?
Michael

by C36 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:37 am

Michael wrote:
Acadia is done now. Fun (5.2/92 quad)!

I just saw your quad for sale and was wondering what you were sailing on Monday?
Did you get another Quad after the PSC trip?

Yup. The Quad 84 is for sale. I picked up Kus' 92 (90 was a typo) for a touch more float in the waves and in the air. Sailed both in PSC and found the 92 made a big difference for me. Got close to three hours at Acadia on Monday that would not have been possible on the 84. The 84 is an awesome board and will make someone VERY happy! :D ;)
C36

Previous

Return to Windsurfing