Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Squamish Today

Windsurfing shop talk

by max.spock » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:48 pm

Hey what's going on in Squamish today? seems pretty weak..is anyone up there yet?
max.spock

by Alton » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:39 pm

Short but sweet kite session for me. Fairly steady SW 14-19 from 11am. Early birds like Jerry and Clay scored the best wind. Delayed by work and procrastination cut my session short before crowds rolled in. Scored 1/2 hour in perfect flat water (high tide) conditions on my 10m kite. Keeping upwind was so easy. No rescue today!!!

Wind strength on the water's surface was very marginal and steaky for windsurfing - so no double session for me. However, windsurfers with persistence included Rob, Adrien, Luis, Terry and Ryan. Amazing how Ryan pulled off his vulcans in such crappy wind.

Luis - thanks for the battery boost

Squamish_Fri_Jun_6.gif
Squamish_Fri_Jun_6.gif (21.6 KiB) Viewed 9734 times
Alton

by Faceplant » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:58 pm

I went out from 4 till 5. Wasn't stellar, but I knew that going in. Better than staying at home and wishing I went. Looked like the clouds were clearing and making way for some some decent wind to finish off the afternoon/evening.
Cross the fingers for tomorrow.
Faceplant

by Luis » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:39 pm

It started like a low expectation session but I moved in the river and had a good session on my big gear - 144L/7.5m. See you on Saturday.
Luis

by AdrienGrelon » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:25 am

Double session for me, though overall it was a pretty frustrating day. Planing on and off on the XL/ from 1pm to 1:30pm, then break waiting for it to fill in. A few more "attempt" runs in the river, but nothing really worth pursuing. Gusty conditions made for crap Vulcan attempts - couldn't get into a good training rhythm with one good gust every 15mins.

Mag's 99 for recovery food. Left just as Alton was driving past. Then Rob - kiter - and I went back out for a sunset session. Still super gusty on the surface, but a bit of planing action, and Rob was having to work his 9m to get anything. Some other kiters lit on 13m. Sunset session until 7:30.

Definitely the gustiest I've ever seen Squamish. Unfortunately I aggravated my heel by stepping precisely where I shouldn't have - on a sharp rock in exactly the right spot on my heel... I think I need to commit to 10 days off now.
AdrienGrelon

by max.spock » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:40 am

I agree..the gustiest I have ever seen..I was at Nexen for a couple of hours...between 4 and 5 was decent though..definitely not an epic day..
max.spock

Return to Windsurfing