Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Jericho Wednesday

Windsurfing shop talk

by john m » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:01 am

https://youtu.be/Bq2vnsRkzjo Here is a video of Wednesday at Jericho, how was it up at Acadia?
john m

by KevinCAN413 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:47 pm

Great Video. I was out earlier. The chop was insane.
KevinCAN413

by john m » Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:56 pm

Thanks, yes some of the craziest chop I have sailed in. :D
john m

by Michael » Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:22 pm

john m wrote:Thanks, yes some of the craziest chop I have sailed in. :D

Thanks for the video John, I was thinking that chop looked insane!!
Michael

by shmish » Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:29 am

I was watching you out there John, and it looked like you maximized the wind/equipment as good as anyone. I didn’t like the chances of using my 84L board, the lulls seemed pretty bad, and I couldn’t control the 4.6 on my windfoil at all. In hindsight maybe the 84L fin would have been better.

Thursday was also frustrating. It seemed like there was a 150m band of wind close to shore, and then pretty dead after that. I was underpowered with 5.2 and 720 wing (should have taken the 900).
shmish

by Jens » Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:45 pm

Acadia was great, small crowd though, only 3 for the first while and then a couple more joined. Felt good on 5.0, 89ltr. Particular nice waves as tide was still coming in and got a little more messy after it switched but still nice ones to be found, though the outside got very choppy. Wind was filled in good on the inside too so you had good power for those inside waves which are not always the case at Acadia. Stopped around 5.30 just before the wind kicked up another 10-15 kts. Looked quite wild and saw some big trees collapse in the park across the parking lot as I was packing up as well!
They have done some work there too, the east stairway is gone, and then the most westerly entry has gotten a much bigger opening making it easier to carry gear down to launch, they've also built a new storm drain from the park just downwind of the launch areas and in that process it seems they have cleared most of those pebble rocks from the beach so it's mostly sand now, much better to walk on when carrying gear back:)
Jens

by vtsarkov » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:20 pm

Jens wrote:They have done some work there too, the east stairway is gone, and then the most westerly entry has gotten a much bigger opening making it easier to carry gear down to launch, they've also built a new storm drain from the park just downwind of the launch areas and in that process it seems they have cleared most of those pebble rocks from the beach so it's mostly sand now, much better to walk on when carrying gear back:)

That's cool! All we need now is more westerlies!
---

-Vadim
vtsarkov

Return to Windsurfing