Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Squamish Wednesday

Windsurfing shop talk

by Michael » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:55 pm

I'm thinking about going up to Squamish tomorrow. Is anyone else winging or foiling there tomorrow? I might stop at Porteau on the way. Where are wingers launching from these days, is the spit the only option?
Michael

by LeopardSkin » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:02 pm

Tons of wing-dingers at the Spit!
LeopardSkin

by rogdolphin » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:30 pm

Hi Michael

the Temp difference in Whistler and Vancouver look Fabulous.

I'm looking forward to it.. Would you like to meet in Porteau Cove? I will be driving up from Burnaby..
What time would you be thinking of traveling up?

Roger
rogdolphin

by Richi » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:46 pm

Hey Michael, look at jericho tomorrow to, its looking like it will be pretty good. Im thinking it may be hopefully gusting to 20 if windguru is right. Ill take a steady 15 knots but hoping for more. cheers, rich
Richi

by Michael » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:00 pm

rogdolphin wrote: I'm looking forward to it.. Would you like to meet in Porteau Cove? I will be driving up from Burnaby..
What time would you be thinking of traveling up?
Roger

Hey Roger, I'm going to see what the local wind looks like first.

Richi wrote:Hey Michael, look at jericho tomorrow to,

Hey Richi I will, hopefully it delivers I'd rather stay in town, might sail at the ferry terminal if it's windy out here. Maybe I'll see you tomorrow.
Michael

by rogdolphin » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:04 pm

Ah, Good plan. Save the Drive unless the wind at Spanish Banks is too light.

Sunday was Good at the Spit, before 2pm, but quite Pults after that, and swithcing from South to West in 20 seconds.

Roger
rogdolphin

by JonathanP » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:39 am

Michael wrote:I'm thinking about going up to Squamish tomorrow. Is anyone else winging or foiling there tomorrow? I might stop at Porteau on the way. Where are wingers launching from these days, is the spit the only option?

Wingers are out daily at the spit. Most people launch into the river. Quite easy at high tide with little current, but a little challenging lately at low tide with more current flowing over rocks in the shore. Some launch/land on estuary side too of tide is high enough. Can launch from Nexen also, but have to walk a ways from either Howe sound pub or make your way upwind in the blind channel
JonathanP

by Michael » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:26 am

JonathanP wrote:Wingers are out daily at the spit. Most people launch into the river. Quite easy at high tide with little current, but a little challenging lately at low tide with more current flowing over rocks in the shore. Some launch/land on estuary side too of tide is high enough. Can launch from Nexen also, but have to walk a ways from either Howe sound pub or make your way upwind in the blind channel

Thanks Jonathan!
Michael

Return to Windsurfing