Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Thursday SE

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by C36 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:35 pm

Alton wrote:Hey Dave - many thanks for the pictures. Sorry for my anti-social behaviour but I had to splash 'n dash to catch my meeting downtown...

...Did I see a picture of Richi's back and rig? If so, I'm glad he's back in action.

Anti-social behaviour - that's usually me, I didn't even notice. :D

Richi was out. Great to see Richi out on the water again! :D :D :D
C36

by george » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:39 pm

Alton, 4m looked fine, I was on a 6m, when some were still on the small kites, but I don't think its supposed to be as windy Friday.
A few windsurfer's with tiny sails were out too.
george

by Alton » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:44 pm

george wrote:Alton, 4m looked fine, I was on a 6m, when some were still on the small kites, but I don't think its supposed to be as windy Friday.

I don't expect Locust to be as windy on Friday ... phew!

My preference is Boundary Bay for some sweet waves on a south wind. If Boundary Bay is under 18 knots then I'll move to Locust for more wind.
Alton

by Faceplant » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:50 pm

george wrote:Alton, 4m looked fine, I was on a 6m, when some were still on the small kites, but I don't think its supposed to be as windy Friday.

You talking 4M size kites?? Holy crap. Or is this wind surf sail size.
Faceplant

by Michael » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:52 pm

Nice day but had to sail half way across the bay to get it. :o Some really sweet rides had out there with Dave (C36) today. Like Alton said, some of the nicest waves I've seen in a while. Mind you that not hard since the last session at Centennial was over a month ago and it was an Easterly. Got one really nice switch stance wave ride again today, that is just the sweetest sensation! Managed to work it a little longer this time but I think I'm going to offset my back footstrap so I can really set the inside rail. Totally made my day, :D that and that big wave I caught in front of Dave. :D That one was sweet! Hope tomorrow brings some more goodness. Forgot to mention I re-rigged the 5.8 and scored another half hour with Richi later!! Nice to see you back on the water bro!!
Michael

by Chuck » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:26 pm

Michael/Richi/Dave, glad you guys scored some rides! I was concerned the highlight of the day for me was going to be chatting in the sunshine with Michael as I watched the conditions drop off as I got to Centennial around 11.

Couldn't see you guys, you were waaaaaay out there! Glad there was some swellies and some wind and slowly you guys schlogged in.

I wasn't overly stoked on the big kites that were the call at 3rd, I saw a few 12's and I think even a 14 or two, so I booked it down to Locust

:D :D :D 4hrs later got off the water a happy man! Saw George just as I was arriving and he was getting off the water so I missed the big wind but plenty for my 9m kite. Used both TT then switched to the surfboard as the waves picked up a bit.

Rob from White Rock showed up and we had a geat time just the two of us and one other guy further downwind...guess the locals used up all the big air in the morning! It was still a solid 20-25 with bigger gusts. I would have been pretty powered on my 5.0 and waveboard but was having too much fun on the surfboard/kite combo. Hopefully get the pole-skipping in tomorrow locally :)

Definitely worth the trip down, esp with the $0.66/l gas down there and hey! there's now a Chipotle Mexican at the Bellis Fair Mall, nice to refuel with a big Burrito post-sesh.

About time we got some damn wind :lol:
Chuck

by Roxstock » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:33 pm

5 of us got out at 72nd. 12m conditions from 3:00-5:00. It was a fun flat water session. Hopefully it will go off there again tomorrow.
Roxstock

by Chuck » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:34 pm

Roxstock wrote:5 of us got out at 72nd. 12m conditions from 3:00-5:00. It was a fun flat water session. Hopefully it will go off there again tomorrow.

No issues with Hunters there this time of year? I've been eyeing 72nd as a good high-tide spot but havent had a session there in years
Chuck

by Michael » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:31 pm

Saw M catch one awesome wave up close (peak was over head high and face was super clean)

Here it is! Just a teaser for the video to come.

Before :D During :D After :D :D
Attachments
Before.jpg
#photo Before
Before.jpg (840.75 KiB) Viewed 13508 times
During1.jpg
#photo During 1
During1.jpg (782.33 KiB) Viewed 13508 times
During2.jpg
#photo During 2
During2.jpg (845.65 KiB) Viewed 13508 times
After.jpg
#photo After
After.jpg (854.3 KiB) Viewed 13508 times
Michael

by Richi » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:11 am

Well that was a pretty sweet day, marginal wind but lots of sunny breaks and no rain. I couldn't have asked for a better day after missing 10 weeks of sailing, 5.6 and 93 was a nice start to hopefully a bit more wind this weekend. Nice to see some of the old crew and lots of smiles.

I think Michael probably pulled off the move of the day though, after his first session on the water his Wife came and dropped off some lunch for him, right before his second session. Im not sure what you call this move but please give me step by step instructions. :)

57 cent gas at Point Roberts afterwards, Unbelievable!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (36.1 KiB) Viewed 13487 times
Richi

PreviousNext

Return to Weather Talk and OSR