Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Monday NE - Suicide Ride

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Alton » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:27 am

Faceplant wrote:Awesome photos! Some belong in a frame!

I concur. These are my favourites. It's odd I didn't even notice the scale of the mountains (when I was kiting) until I saw these pictures - as if they were photoshop-ed in.

ImageIMG_7918 by C36_flickr, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7915 by C36_flickr, on Flickr
Alton

by C36 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:30 am

A/M/FP: Thanks for the comments. Glad everyone is enjoying the snow-capped mountain shots! :D

Alton wrote:...It's odd I didn't even notice the scale of the mountains (when I was kiting) until I saw these pictures - as if they were photoshop-ed in...

The telephoto lens will compress the perspective (make the mountains look larger and closer than they would to your eye in person). This is more the way your eye sees it. When I showed this one to my family they said, "You were sailing in the city?" :lol:

If anyone does want to save a picture(s), here is how to get a copy for yourself. Click here.
Scroll around until you see a picture you want.
Right click on the picture and it should open in a new window.
Right click on the picture again and it should offer you sizes - select "original" and it should open in a new window.
Right click on the picture again and "save picture as..." and save it where you want.

If you reuse them somewhere else, please provide a photo credit (as Alton has done). 8-) Thank you.

Hope that makes sense! :-)
C36

by Faceplant » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:10 pm

C36 - Thanks for not only those shots but all of the shots you posted last year. I'm a new member (only been kiting 9 months, but I check the web sites at least 5 times daily, and any time someone takes the time to take great pics, but also upload and share it is very much appreciated! :!: ! :!: :P
Faceplant

by Alton » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:25 pm

Faceplant wrote:C36 - Thanks for not only those shots but all of the shots you posted last year. I'm a new member (only been kiting 9 months, but I check the web sites at least 5 times daily, and any time someone takes the time to take great pics, but also upload and share it is very much appreciated! :!: ! :!: :P

Dave/C36 - more admirers on kiteboardbc here
Alton

by C36 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:16 pm

Faceplant wrote:C36 - Thanks for not only those shots but all of the shots you posted last year. I'm a new member (only been kiting 9 months, but I check the web sites at least 5 times daily, and any time someone takes the time to take great pics, but also upload and share it is very much appreciated! :!: ! :!: :P

Alton wrote:Dave/C36 - more admirers on kiteboardbc here

8-) Thanks! Nice to know they are being viewed and appreciated! :D
C36

by Richi » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:46 am

I agree, thanks for the pics all year David, its always nice to extend the session with some great photos. You are a shoe in for Best photographs at the annual WTF awards this year. Your also sure to win best OSR's of the year as well, hell maybe your the front runner to win the prestigious WTF"er of the year award.
Richi

by C36 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:08 am

Richi wrote:I agree, thanks for the pics all year David, its always nice to extend the session with some great photos. You are a shoe in for Best photographs at the annual WTF awards this year. Your also sure to win best OSR's of the year as well, hell maybe your the front runner to win the prestigious WTF"er of the year award.

Thanks Richi! I appreciate the feedback (I think ;) ). I hope to see you back on the water again soon! :D
C36

by Slappy » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:43 pm

For sure the pics are great, keep 'em coming!
Slappy

by LeopardSkin » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:59 pm

David! WTF! WTF!
LeopardSkin

Previous

Return to Weather Talk and OSR