Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Friday NW?

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Michael » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:42 pm

I decided to rig my 4.7/93L and score an unbelievable session from 2pm - 3:30pm.
Awesome, glad you had such a great season. Why did you stop at 3:30 though?
Michael

by Alton » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:46 pm

Michael wrote:Why did you stop at 3:30 though?

I was totally drained from kiting 2hrs in the morning. Anyway, it tanked at 4pm. Too bad for Adrien but at least he scored a nice downwinder to Spanish Banks plus Alton's Shuttle Service back to Acadia.
Alton

by Michael » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:15 pm

Alton wrote:

I was totally drained from kiting 2hrs in the morning. Anyway, it tanked at 4pm. Too bad for Adrien but at least he scored a nice downwinder to Spanish Banks plus Alton's Shuttle Service back to Acadia.

Totally jealous! I've never scored one of those legendary Acadia sessions. I keep hearing the stories but have yet to experience it. Besides I was getting married and having a baby this afternoon so I was a little busy. :D
Michael

by Chuck » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:49 pm

Alton wrote:

Hay-Seuss, Alton, you gotta be close to like a zillion sessions so far this year? Double Century (so what, a Bi-Century? Duo-Century? Twins? :D ) numbers yet?

I had a solid session at the Richmond Superstore this afternoon during the prime conditions, shopping with my two boys..thank you Richmond School Board for organizing a Pro D day (no school) on probably the best NW of the year :roll:

Big head slap when I realized I could have used the Uncle Richie Child Care Event Spectacular at Acadia! D'oh! Richie loves kids, dontcha Richie ;)

Stoked to hear all the session logs, glad you guys got some today! At least now I have some time to finally repair my wetsuit...
Chuck

by C36 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:51 pm

Here are a few pictures of the Acadia this afternoon (Nov 28).7

Gulf Road Look-See OSR
Ferry Terminal Look-See OSR
Acadia Pre-Session OSR
Richi's Mid-Session OSR
Acadia Mid-Session OSR

Michael wrote:Totally jealous! I've never scored one of those legendary Acadia sessions. I keep hearing the stories but have yet to experience it. Besides I was getting married and having a baby this afternoon so I was a little busy. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: BabyMama got out earlier in the day and 'the graduate' got his sunset session in (that was fun). 8-) 8-) Your time will come my friend! ;)

"I keep hearing the stories but have yet to experience it. "
That makes me think of Whidbey Island. :roll: :D ;)

babymama wrote:Jericho with Jen this morning. We scored an awesome warmest hour of the day with great wind, and great rollers. The tide was crazy though. The sidewalks were all flooded...

Glad you gals enjoyed the day too! :D 8-)

Alton wrote:...Thanks to Dave/C36 and all his scouting, I too was suspicious of the Jericho sensor direction (reading SW all day) so I followed Dave to Acadia. When I arrived I confirmed the direction was actually West and found Tom and Dave riding the most awesome looking waves....

A special thank you goes out to DB who put the thought into my head with his post earlier in the day! Mahalo brah (once again)! :D :D :D

It was nice to see Richi at the beach today. :D It will be nicer to see him back on the water again soon! 8-)

Alton wrote:Perfect way to end a November to remember.

We have lots to be thankful for. As Richi noted today, "November has been very kind to you!" Yes it has. With gratitude and thanksgiving!
C36

by Tony360 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:16 pm

On my way home over the Lions Gate I saw a kite out and scored a brief but fun "revenge session" after the morning skunkage at Ambleside. Only about half an hour TOW but some fun head high plus swell just west of the green marker at the Capilano River mouth. SB would have likely been better but it's great to kite so close to home. I came in because it was getting too light for me on the 10.

As I was packing up my gear I ran into my wife and daughter who were out for a walk on the seawall with a friend. Her first question was, "aren't you supposed to be at work?" :oops:
Tony360

by Richi » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:25 pm

Yeah Acadia was a thing of beauty today, the peeling waves near shore looked surfable, somebody should really clean up all those damn rocks. It was painfull to watch but so glad a few lucky souls got to enjoy it.

Thanks for all the speedy recovery wishes yesterday, everyone. I ended up going to the Ladner hospital Darrel, there is no Tsawassen hospital. There's a map below incase anyone finds themselves in the position that they need to take themselves or someone there. Also I asked if they get PR residents going there but it seems they helicopter them over to Bellingham. I would assume if there was an accident at PR, they would drive you to Ladner if you requested it.

Goodbye november :(
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (121.36 KiB) Viewed 10728 times
Richi

by Richi » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:29 pm

Tony360 wrote:
As I was packing up my gear I ran into my wife and daughter who were out for a walk on the seawall with a friend. Her first question was, "aren't you supposed to be at work?" :oops:

Haha, I'm pretty sure that happens to Alton once a week.
Richi

by Alton » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:31 pm

Chuck wrote:Hay-Seuss, Alton, you gotta be close to like a zillion sessions so far this year? Double Century (so what, a Bi-Century? Duo-Century? Twins? :D ) numbers yet?

It's been a good November. 6 windsurfing sessions all 4.7 days. 4 of them in the last 7 days.

Stats.jpeg
Stats.jpeg (138.8 KiB) Viewed 10725 times
Alton

by Alton » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:40 pm

Tony360 wrote:As I was packing up my gear I ran into my wife and daughter who were out for a walk on the seawall with a friend. Her first question was, "aren't you supposed to be at work?" :oops:

Hilarious !!! At least it wasn't your boss :shock:
Alton

PreviousNext

Return to Weather Talk and OSR