Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Thursday - Last November Session

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by C36 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:35 pm

Richi: Heal fast and completely my friend. I had a nail bed sown back on once (the doctor asked me if I was OK while he was doing it and I asked if he had a lot of patients pass out right about now and he said, "Oh yeah!").

All: Personally I enjoyed the water more in the morning than in the afternoon. Although the afternoon did provide on late 'air-walk' from a jump that was high enough not to feel quite right. :o :shock: :roll: :lol:

Here are a few pictures from today (Nov 27) at CNL so you can decide for yourself. :D

Pre-Session OSR
Mid-Session OSR
Post-Session OSR
Last edited by C36 on Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C36

by Chuck » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:49 pm

Great pics Dave!

Loved the one of the early morning barrel up by the boat launch!

Adrian Representing too! Nice!
:D
Chuck

by nicolas » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:09 am

AdrienGrelon wrote:
nicolas wrote:That's it for me with winter sailing for a while as I'm heading south to Guadeloupe F.W.I. on Dec 5th returning on January 12.
Just board shorts ladies and gentlemen and big ramps for jumping and gybing!!

Haha, enjoy Nico. Glad you got a good session in despite the later arrival. I got a good crack out of one of your duck gybe crashes today! :lol:

Yeah it was too funny the way I got catapulted and ended up on my feet as the tide was low there. I attempted a few other duc gybes, nailed a couple but crashed few others too. I have to work on my timing but it's all fun & games man :D
nicolas

by babymama » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:44 pm

Alton wrote:
Brian C wrote:ps - I mention no other names in case someone got in trouble for being late for picking up her daughter at the daycare :o

We don't call her BabyMama for nothing ;)

I have heard BabyMama's husband was super nice to her and didn't even give her the look!!! He just calmly went back to work at 6:00pm.....The worst was this morning, when she asked him if he can go to work late, so she can go in the morning to Jericho !!! He was again super nice and let her do it!!!!! She should really listen to Alton's advice and do something realllllly nice for him.
babymama

by Alton » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:49 pm

babymama wrote:BabyMama's husband was super nice to her ... She should really listen to Alton's advice and do something realllllly nice for him.

TMI :shock:
Alton

by Alton » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:52 pm

Richi wrote:Worst session of the year. While going out on my first run I decided my boom was a little too low, instead of coming in I decided to unclamp it and adjust it on the fly. I have done this dozens of times and never really thought it was a big deal. Somehow today I got my fingertip stuck in the clamp while closing the clamp and crap did it hurt. I looked down at my bleeding hand and the bottom of my fingernail was popped out. That was the end of my quick session, one run going out and one run coming in with my middle finger salute.

After going to the hospital and getting an X-ray I was told my fingertip was broken off, I guess thats what had pushed my fingernail out. the next step was cutting the rest of my nail off, cleaning the bone, and restitching my finger and old nail back on. After getting another X-ray they decided the tip wasn't in the right spot so opened it up again and tried a different technique to get it in the right spot. This time it looked pretty good, 4 hours later while looking at all the leaves blowing around in the parking lot! ...

Richi - It's been over a month. How's that finger coming along? Will you be ready for Sunday's chilly easterly? We're going to loose feeling our fingertips anyway ;)
Alton

Previous

Return to Weather Talk and OSR