Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Thursday SE clocking SW

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Mike » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:43 am

Adrien - the video was awesome! The starting image of the gear flying away and your feet in the air cracked me up. The mental image of Dave "2 wheeling" into the parking lot and the shared stoke with Francis at the rigging area made it like I was there. I think the typical slight upwind ramp at Centennial leads more to backloops but the folks that can already forward don't seem to have issue...
Mike

by Michael » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:54 am

AdrienGrelon wrote:
Put together a quick edit of some of the GoPro shots I got today. Unfortunately, the case fogged up quite badly by the end, affecting the quality of some of the shots.. Joe demanded loops in the last one, so this one has a lot of loop (attempts) :D
Awesome!!
Michael

by C36 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:11 am

AWESOME video AG!!!

I counted (because I am kinda a numbers guy) 12 jumps, 11 crashes, 4 wave rides, 1 tack, and no 'mowing the lawn'! Nice work! :D :D :D No wonder you were tired.

I saw one forward rotation that I was pretty sure you landed and sailed away from - it was shortly after the one at 2:16 (as as you can see I sailing below you there, did a body/sail only and was standing facing you when I saw it). 8-)

Mike wrote:Adrien - the video was awesome! The starting image of the gear flying away and your feet in the air cracked me up. The mental image of Dave "2 wheeling" into the parking lot and the shared stoke with Francis at the rigging area made it like I was there. I think the typical slight upwind ramp at Centennial leads more to backloops but the folks that can already forward don't seem to have issue...

+1
Three for three there Mike!

> love the stoke buzz :D
> eject at 0:46 is super fun! :lol: 8-)
> CNL for back loops: punched about 3 half backed 2/3 rotations back yesterday in my brief session as the steeper faces were just begging for them (way less fear involved) and the wind/wave angle and softer wave shape at Locust seem to be a better set-up for forwards to my way of thinking (I just have to get up the nerve to start pulling the tigger - all I could muster yesterday was a couple of semi-committed body/sail 'warm-ups' ~ :oops:

As good as we got the island served up something special, check this out (looks like Windoctor, Windude, Kus - that order). :D ;)
C36

by Laura » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:56 am

i miss windsurfing now....
Laura

by AdrienGrelon » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:14 pm

Chris Klohn wrote:Hey Adrien,

Love the clips! Especially the last one where you look back at the clew and rotate all the way. A little more aggressive turn off the wind and you'll be planing out of them. :D

Cheers,

Chris

Hey Chris, Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely try to bear off more next time. Always good to get the ins from someone who knows the spot (and the move) very well. Cheers!

Mike wrote:Adrien - the video was awesome! The starting image of the gear flying away and your feet in the air cracked me up. The mental image of Dave "2 wheeling" into the parking lot and the shared stoke with Francis at the rigging area made it like I was there. I think the typical slight upwind ramp at Centennial leads more to backloops but the folks that can already forward don't seem to have issue...

Thanks Mike! Yeah, other than the usual cues I'm trying to keep in mind for forwards, I was really trying to pick out a ramp that would allow me to bear off significantly during the last moments of approach. I think I need to go deeper downwind yet, as Chris was suggesting.

Hope your Hawaii time is going well and the lower back is holding up ok. Don't do too much kiting ;)

Michael wrote: Awesome!!

Cheers Michael! The day finally worth all those deceptions :D

C36 wrote:AWESOME video AG!!!

Thanks Dave! Glad to hear my attempt looked promising/successful in person - this bodes well :) You beat me on the backloops "workload" for the day, as I only really tried one and to no real avail. :lol: There's definitely a lot less fear factor with those..

Laura wrote:i miss windsurfing now....

My work here is done :D

I don't know about you guys, but I need a wheelchair today :D
AdrienGrelon

by Alton » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:23 pm

AdrienGrelon wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I need a wheelchair today :D

After yesterday we can all use some therapy.

Alton

by Chuck » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:41 pm

Alton wrote:
AdrienGrelon wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I need a wheelchair today :D

After yesterday we can all use some therapy.

Wow! I'll say you guys sound 'spent'!!!

I could almost hear the collective wind-based ejaculations all the way over here in Australia :shock: :D

8 pages of discussions no less, I'd say it was long overdue, although it looks I was the sacrifice this time :evil:

Should be back in time to enjoy the doldrums :roll:

Glad to see all the collective stoke!
Chuck

by nicolas » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:17 pm

Hey Adrien!

Fantastic video. It's amazing how you go fearlessly into your forward attempts! Like Mike was saying the first jump with your board and rig flying with your feet out in the air was so funny. You're rocking my friend. I understand why you said you were so spent after that many attempts (12).
You'll be well rested for the next one my friend. Hopefully sooner than later. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
nicolas

by Richi » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:25 pm

Yeah, I thought you were probably exaggerating when you told me you attempted 12 loops, but absolutely no bullshitting there. Sweet video, makes me mad I didn't try some more moves. It will serve as a reminder and motivation for the next session.

It's safe to say that you are the current WTF Centennial Classic Champion :)
Richi

by AdrienGrelon » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:46 pm

Nico, good to finally get a good session in there with such a good turnout! Definitely cannot wait for the next one.

Richi wrote:Yeah, I thought you were probably exaggerating when you told me you attempted 12 loops, but absolutely no bullshitting there. Sweet video, makes me mad I didn't try some more moves. It will serve as a reminder and motivation for the next session.

It's safe to say that you are the current WTF Centennial Classic Champion :)

I never bullshit when it comes to loop training ;) Haha, not sure what my loop attempts and mini-backside hits would score at the the real classic... maybe a 0.3? :P

Speaking of the Aloha classic, I was telling you at Jericho about Ezzy's attempted one handed taka... well, he nailed one in the charity session:

http://www.continentseven.com/2014/11/0 ... am-ezzy-2/

Unbelievable.
AdrienGrelon

PreviousNext

Return to Weather Talk and OSR