Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Tuesday NW

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Richi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:36 pm

Surprisingly good session at Jericho today, WSW 15-25 knots with some pretty decent steep swell at times. The downside was the unbelievable amount of crap in the water, branches, logs, deadheads, woodchips. It was a slalom course trying not to hit them, especially with all the stuff stuck to my fin, it felt like I had a rake attached to the bottom of my board. Still an awesome day, sunny and windy! The highlight was towing Maryam in on a SUP after the wind shut down :D

You owe me a cold one ;)
Richi

by jking » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:29 pm

gabor wrote:
You could launch from the main beach, but only on low tide, was not the case today.
Or at the beach just where the lead is to the Totem pole, I would say expert only, or with help.
For me the best is the grass area in the corner, and walk across... ;)
It was 9m there today at best, but mostly could have fly a bigger kite as I was on a raceboard.
Sunny and steady wind, a bonus! No good waves. No seaweeds, but branches and garbage where the river flooded into the sea.
cheers
Gabe

thanks Gabe!..

always wanted to check out Ambleside and thought i would enquire and not to PO the locals..

cheers,
jking

by babymama » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:22 pm

For encouraging me to get out, lending me his gear and then towing my stuff. I finally had a a fanatstic day after a long time.

Feel alive and super happy again.
babymama

by AdrienGrelon » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:41 am

babymama wrote:Feel alive and super happy again.

AdrienGrelon

Previous

Return to Weather Talk and OSR