Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Gorge Forecast Looking Good

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Alton » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:10 pm

More rain and unsettled modest winds Friday. Drying out with solid westerlies Saturday. Stronger westerlies Sunday.

On Friday another front brings more clouds and scattered rain showers to the Gorge. However, an upper ridge will begin building from the south and will keep this system from being too potent. Even so, look for clouds and isolated rain showers to handicap winds for Stevenson and the Corridor a bit. Meanwhile, sites from Lyle eastward build to low to maybe even mid 20's peaks. At the Coast, meanwhile, the S to SSW fire up in the morning and midday with gusty low to maybe mid 20's peaks around Clatsop Spit. Saturday starts a drier trend as the North Pacific High bulks up off the Coast and clouds thin. This allows the moderately stronger westerlies to pull back to the Corridor with low to mid 20's peaks. On Sunday, temperatures warm for the deserts and skies become sunny aside for morning stratus from Portland to Astoria. Look for westerlies to build solidly with Stevenson, the Corridor, and the Near East leading the pack with mid to maybe upper 20's peaks.

Fri, Jun 27 2014

Another front brings clouds and scattered rain showers and southerlies to the Coast. Stevenson and the Corridor seeing unsettled upper teen to near 20 peaks. The Near East reaching low to faint mid 20's, and the East reaching some mid 20's, strongest around Arlington and Three Mile. However, Coast southerlies pick up to low and some mid 20's, but ease through the afternoon and turn more SW to WSW.

Sat, Jun 28 2014

Clouds begin to thin as the Gorge dries out. Jones Beach reaching WNW upper teens, Stevenson reaching some low 20's, the Corridor reaching low to maybe mid 20's, the Near East and East also reaching low to maybe mid 20's. The North and Central Coast see sub teen W to WNW winds and the South Coast reaches mid teen NW winds.

Sun, Jun 29 2014

Becoming sunny and warmer aside for the morning marine stratus for the Lower Columbia and Portland. Jones Beach reaching W to WNW near 20's, Stevenson to Doug's reaching mid 20's with some faint upper 20's possible for the Hatchery. The East reaching lower 20's. The North and Central Coast reaching NW mid teens and the South Coast reaching NNW upper teens.
Alton

by decman_r » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:50 pm

Family and I are heading down on Friday. Should be there almost 2 weeks. Can't wait to dust off the 5m kite. Try to give some reports when I can. I think Jerry will be down there too.
decman_r

by LeopardSkin » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:31 am

I'll be at WindFest both Saturday and Sunday at the event site.
LeopardSkin

by Jerry » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:20 am

Let's go !!! Event site Saturday ETA 1200
Jerry

by LeopardSkin » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:31 am

Forecast is good! Demo any gear from any manufacturer you want! All day!!! Free giveaways too.
LeopardSkin

by Slappy » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:05 pm

I'm heading down this weekend too, what's the deal with windfest, is it pole boards only?

I'm probably going to kite just at the event site, that's the plan anyway.
Slappy

by LeopardSkin » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:40 pm

Slappy wrote: what's the deal with windfest, is it pole boards only?

and free acupuncture too!!
LeopardSkin

Return to Weather Talk and OSR