Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Overnight Westerly

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Michael » Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:59 pm

Arrived when the other wingers were coming off the water. First thoughts were I should have stayed in Tsawwassen but after a bit it started to fill back in. Had to get out to the wind line but once out there I was lit on the 3.5m wing. Super fun session, the swell picked up and I got some nice rides. Then it really started to crank, probably 30 knots on the outside and the waves got disorganized. Had trouble keeping things under control so I called it. Really glad I came down. Water and air were colder than I expected, time to get out the winter suit.
Michael

by Mike » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:41 pm

Brought near all gear options and considered them all and talked to folks at all the different launch areas. Wind was SW and up and down (especially near the shore). Finally settled for windfoil on 3.4 at Locarno. I'd say it was nasty conditions on a gear combo I don't usually use. I was starting to adjust but (perhaps thankfully) the wind tanked.
Mike

by Alton » Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:57 pm

Got spooked by the offshore wind at Acadia but not Alton Jr ... my favorite daughter scored a 8m+surfboard session in SW 15 with chest high swell.
Alton

Previous

Return to Weather Talk and OSR