Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Squamish Report for Sunday

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Alton » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:40 pm

Delayed by parenting duties, started kiting at 12:30pm on 10m in gusty conditions (damn westerlies). Oddly enough, I didn't feel any extra bar pressure in the gusts. However, I found it difficult to keep my edge (and stay upwind). Eventually, with all the side slipping I ended downwind at the freighter ... yet another jet-girl rescue. This is something I don't quite understand and need to figure out - how do these gusts transfer directly to my kiteboard's edge?

AJ and I hesitated to score a double session windsurfing as the wind at the water's surface was patchy and streaky in the river. Thankfully, Jen and Ryan's persistence in such crappy conditions drew us out. Jen nailed some pretty sweet vulcans. Jen and Ryan left for the cliffs where they were consisently planing. AJ and I stayed in the river catching rides in the streaks of gusts. I'm just happy to nail 5 planing gybes in such difficult conditions (W 10-20) on my 5.2/93L. Glad to see other windsurfers out on bigger gear including Terry, Gary, Andreas (from Bellingham) and Dave/C36.

Squamish_Sun_Jun_8.gif
Squamish_Sun_Jun_8.gif (21.57 KiB) Viewed 2487 times
Alton

Return to Weather Talk and OSR