Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Squamish Report for Monday

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Alton » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:15 pm

Jerry and I scored a double session today. Super steady SW 20-25 from 12-5pm. Spent 1 hour on 10m North Fuse (Jerry on 7m) ... without needing rescue today!!! About 15 or more kiters including Francis, Cash, Bret, Andrew ...

Spent 1 hour windsurfing on 4.7/93L in the river (flat water) with Jerry (4.8) and Nicolas (4.7 from Nexen). I preferred today's conditions over Sunday's which was too windy and choppy.

Squamish_Mon_Jun_2.gif
Squamish_Mon_Jun_2.gif (22 KiB) Viewed 4259 times
Alton

by Chuck » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:39 pm

Alton wrote:Jerry and I scored a double session today. Super steady SW 20-25 from 12-5pm. Spent 1 hour on 10m North Fuse (Jerry on 7m) ... without needing rescue today!!! About 15 or more kiters including Francis, Cash, Bret, Andrew ...

Spent 1 hour windsurfing on 4.7/93L in the river (flat water) with Jerry (4.8) and Nicolas (4.7 from Nexen). I preferred today's conditions over Sunday's which was too windy and choppy.

Squamish_Mon_Jun_2.gif

Nice one Alton! You'll find as you kite with more power, comfortably, you'll be able to rip upwind...I can get upwind faster moderately powered with my surfboard and kite than fully powered on my waveboard.

Heading up tomorrow? I found Sunday pretty choppy as well, not to mention crowded with the low tides. Wait for the busy 'summer' season! :shock:
Chuck

by Alton » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:45 pm

Chuck wrote:Nice one Alton! You'll find as you kite with more power, comfortably, you'll be able to rip upwind...I can get upwind faster moderately powered with my surfboard and kite than fully powered on my waveboard.

Heading up tomorrow? I found Sunday pretty choppy as well, not to mention crowded with the low tides. Wait for the busy 'summer' season! :shock:

If I'm not too busy with work, I'll head up to the Spit tomorrow (Tue). Expect strong wind SW 25+ (hopefully not too strong and choppy). Jerry and Cash are camping there this week so you'll have plenty of company.
Alton

Return to Weather Talk and OSR