Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Sunday?

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by LeopardSkin » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:50 pm

Wowsers. Fun vids & pix!
LeopardSkin

by bandito » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:42 pm

shmish wrote:Nice session, didn’t feel cold and nice to see friends. Very therapeutic for me. Huge thanks to JohnM and C36 for lending me some gear, you guys are awesome.

nice.... i forgot my bar n lines ,driving 2 hours south of Calgary before to kite for only that day and a stranger lend me one of is, saving my session. Its great when that happen, good vibes!
bandito

by nicolas » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:48 pm

Thanks so much for the pictures Dave. Shared with family and friends thanks a ton!
You're a great windsurfer and our chief press photograph!
Cheers Nick!
nicolas

by LeopardSkin » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:16 am

Despite the posted fun images, newbies should know Centennial Beach is an easy launch. If you get in trouble, you wash up on a beach with a little bit of walking back upwind. A weed fin is important.
LeopardSkin

by C36 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:36 am

shmish wrote:Nice session, didn’t feel cold and nice to see friends. Very therapeutic for me. Huge thanks to JohnM and C36 for lending me some gear, you guys are awesome.

You're welcome. Happy to help. As mentioned Carl (sp?) saved a session at Acadia for me by lending me a harness when I forgot mine. Just repaying the goodwill.

Mike wrote:Hit the water at Centennial just after 9 on 4.5 sail. Fully powered and after about 20 minutes switched to 3.7 which worked well for the rest of the session. Nice waves but you had to go way out. Now if only some of that wind had cleared my front lawn ;)

I would leave the leaves out for Thursday, November 11 - they could make for a beautiful Remembrance Day tribute!

nicolas wrote:Thanks so much for the pictures Dave. Shared with family and friends thanks a ton!
You're a great windsurfer and our chief press photograph!
Cheers Nick!

You're welcome. Fun sharing the SSW wind and sun at the end!

LeopardSkin wrote:Despite the posted fun images, newbies should know Centennial Beach is an easy launch. If you get in trouble, you wash up on a beach with a little bit of walking back upwind. A weed fin is important.

For those new to Centennial its usually a good idea to stay close to beach or head in when the sun starts to show itself (blue sky showing to the west), particularly on days when the wind is forecast to rotate to SW.
C36

by Gleb » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:44 am

Great day sailing with everyone, thanks for the pics Dave! And surprised Michael caught one of my push loop attempts, sweet! Need to break out my gorpo 3 if it still works...

Ended up landing my first WET push loop, will count it for now but the next one will be dry right?
Gleb

by Jens » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:47 pm

Turned out way better than expedted! And great turnout. Got to test out the new wetsuit and it kept me nice and cozy:) Nice of the sun to come out to help us stay comfortable
Was on 4.5 completely depowered, could probably have been on 4.0 most of the time.

Wet landing definitely counts Gleb! Nice!

Thanks for the pics Dave!

Finally had some backloop attempt again myself with some painful crashes :lol: need to stay more compact or just go for the pushloop i guess

Jens

by Michael » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:26 pm

A photographer came by and took some photos of the windsurfing crew on Sunday.
The rest are on his Facebook page. Check it out, there are some good shots!

https://www.facebook.com/Jim-Kinnear-Ph ... 6664030628
Michael

Previous

Return to Weather Talk and OSR