Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

CB Monday

Kitesurfing shop talk

by 8mdude » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:02 pm

A nice windy (SE 25 knots) welcome from BC today with 5 other windsurfers after a week in Covid-19 red zone Ukraine, but only to realize the weather change has caused gasoline restriction here. What in the world is going on.
8mdude

by Alton » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:07 pm

Nice AJ.

Hope someone caught the evening session at Boundary Bay. I thought the window as too narrow for my liking.

BoundaryBay_Mon_Nov_22.gif
BoundaryBay_Mon_Nov_22.gif (23.18 KiB) Viewed 3796 times
Alton

by Michael » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:31 pm

Alton wrote:Nice AJ.

Hope someone caught the evening session at Boundary Bay. I thought the window as too narrow for my liking.

Ya nice one AJ! I scored the evening session at Boundary Bay! Arrived around 2:30 just as the wind was dying. As I was heading out I thought I had missed it as everyone was coming in and the wind was super light and patchy. I had enough wind to get to the outside though and then the wind came back and just kept building until dark. Some really nice waves out there but lots of debris, pieces of wood every where and they seemed to be concentrated where the waves were breaking, so you really had to stay alert. At one point there was so much I turned around and went back in. Luckily when I got back close to shore there were some really nice waves starting to break and at this point the wind had really picked up. I was catching some super fun rides, and it turned into a nice surf session! I seem to have gotten my grove back with the 1550 and had a real blast. Can't wait to get back out!
Michael

by Roxstock » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:46 pm

Scored a nice 12m session just before sunset at 3rd. Only me kiting and a couple of wing foilers.
Roxstock

Return to Kiteboarding