Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Board storage

Windsurfing shop talk

by shmish » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:08 am

I’m looking for a some clever ideas for storing boards in the garage. I currently have two older boards leaning up in a corner, two boards on a sawhorse and another on the floor leaning against the sawhorse. I’m thinking where the sawhorse is I could build and place a stand for holding all the boards. Wall space is taken up by bikes, home repair tools, workbench and camping gear.
shmish

by Bryanl » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:30 am

Get some rope & eye hooks & put them on the ceiling.
I have a rack on the ceiling made up from Angle Iron from Home Depot
Bryanl

by ShonanDB » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:47 am

Rope and old cut up hockey sticks work well too.
ShonanDB

by shmish » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:10 pm

Bryanl wrote:Get some rope & eye hooks & put them on the ceiling.
I have a rack on the ceiling made up from Angle Iron from Home Depot

That’s tricky because most of the ceiling has the roller garage door in the way. I’ve never been able to use the ceiling for my boats but now that you mention it I could probably span across the roller door and drop it down enough to slide boards in. Gas pipe and fittings might work too but could be a bit expensive.
shmish

by Michael » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:15 pm

shmish wrote:I’m looking for a some clever ideas for storing boards in the garage.

Hey Doug, here are pics of racks I've built. The one in the garage was originally fixed to my wall but when I refinished my garage I took it down and now it's movable. I was going to build a base for it and put the rubber matts inside the base but for now it's fine like it is. The other one in the van is built from PVC pipe. You can make these any size and they are super light and easy to move around. If you want the one in the picture I still have it sitting in my yard. You can easily make it bigger. You could even build a base for it and add wheels.
Attachments
IMG_1087.JPG
IMG_1087.JPG (1.49 MiB) Viewed 7845 times
IMG_3363.jpg
IMG_3363.jpg (852.27 KiB) Viewed 7845 times
IMG_3364.jpg
IMG_3364.jpg (742.32 KiB) Viewed 7845 times
Michael

by shmish » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:01 pm

Michael wrote:
shmish wrote:I’m looking for a some clever ideas for storing boards in the garage.

Hey Doug, here are pics of racks I've built. The one in the garage was originally fixed to my wall but when I refinished my garage I took it down and now it's movable. I was going to build a base for it and put the rubber matts inside the base but for now it's fine like it is. The other one in the van is built from PVC pipe. You can make these any size and they are super light and easy to move around. If you want the one in the picture I still have it sitting in my yard. You can easily make it bigger. You could even build a base for it and add wheels.

I see, so a rubber mat is good enough to stop the boards from sliding while in the rack. Good to know. I wouldn't mind getting the rack from your yard but I'm not sure when I can make it down to Tsawwassen. Maybe next weekend?
shmish

by Michael » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:52 pm

shmish wrote:I see, so a rubber mat is good enough to stop the boards from sliding while in the rack.
Those rubber mats work great, they are heavy duty, I got them at the Home Hardware here in Tsawwassen.

shmish wrote:I wouldn't mind getting the rack from your yard but I'm not sure when I can make it down to Tsawwassen. Maybe next weekend?

Anytime, it's not going anywhere, it is a bit big though.
Michael

by shmish » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:27 pm

Michael wrote:Anytime, it's not going anywhere, it is a bit big though.

Sorry to be a pain but do you have a picture of it?
shmish

by Michael » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:39 am

shmish wrote:

Sorry didn't have time today to take one. I think I posted one on here a while ago. If I have time I'll take one tomorrow.
Michael

by Michael » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:43 pm

Michael wrote:
shmish wrote:

Sorry didn't have time today to take one. I think I posted one on here a while ago. If I have time I'll take one tomorrow.

Here you go.
Attachments
IMG_3373.jpg
IMG_3373.jpg (211.4 KiB) Viewed 7522 times
Michael

Next

Return to Windsurfing