Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Lockdown starting Friday! (Until May 26th)

Off Topic Comments, Help, Tips and Trick

by Slappy » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:05 pm

Looks like we can no longer leave our "health area" anymore for recreation and they are going to be putting up road blocks to enforce it.

This will cut us in to 2 groups of windsport enthusiasts:
1. Vancouver + Richmond + North Shore + Squamish + Sunshine Coast
2. Burnaby + Delta + all the other Fraser Health regions

healthauthmap.png
healthauthmap.png (282.94 KiB) Viewed 8862 times

That means us Vancouver Coastal Health Authority people can no longer go to Boundary Bay to kite and all the people who live in the Fraser Health Authority are pretty much restricted to only Boundary Bay and Harrison.
Slappy

by ola_v » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:45 pm

lol
ola_v

by adam2 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:46 pm

VCH includes Richmond to Whistler and beyond. There's nothing to stop Vancouver kiters from going to Squamish and vice versa, but they shouldn't be going to Tsawwassen if they are forbidding travel outside health authority boundaries.
adam2

by CAN-6 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:36 pm

Section 6 protects the right of Canadian citizens to move from place to place, and subsection 6(1) ensures that all Canadian citizens are free to come and go as they please.
CAN-6

by 8mdude » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:19 am

WTF BC!
8mdude

by imdmitry » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:53 am

I'm glad that Vancouver and Squamish in one zone. Fills like I won a lottery.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/data ... boundaries
imdmitry

by keeldude » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:18 am

This is definitely not the time to leave town on a roadtrip and it looks like island trips are off the table for now, but I'm going to have a hard time skipping the ocean time. It's one of the few, if not only, things keeping many of us sane. People need limit social encounters to safe outdoor activities with low numbers of people. Skip the indoor gatherings unless you live alone, and keep your bubbles tight. Ontario has started triage care in the hospitals and I have to imagine we are heading in that direction if BC is clamping down again.
keeldude

by Andrew P » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:56 am

This is laughable. First off it's not a "lockdown" If it was a lockdown we wouldn't be allowed out of our homes for anything other then essential reasons such as buying groceries or other essential goods and allowed out for a one hour of exercise around the block. Everything else would be closed. Secondly the government is already walking back on some of their comments from yesterday Apr. 20 because they realize that this can't really be done in any practical way. Sure they can stop BC ferries from allowing Rv's from going on but a "periodic roadblock on highway 1 leaving the lower mainland" .... lol can you imagine the chaos. Thirdly preventing peoples movement based on a health authority boundary is highly discriminatory based on our charter rights and freedoms.
This is, of course, just my opinion and anyone can disagree with me but don't get me wrong I KNOW THE PANDEMIC IS REAL and do everything I can to be responsible to avoid covid and the potential spread of it.
If the government really wanted to stop this third wave maybe they should be looking at the crowded indoor shopping malls and retail stores rather then punishing people trying to enjoy the great outdoors. Laughable!
Andrew P

by grantmac » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:49 pm

They should have closed the ferries to anyone not having a residence over here 6 months ago, same with flights. The Island was doing fine until people started vacationing here.
Stay home until everyone has had their 2nd shot plus 30 days.
grantmac

by C36 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:06 pm

"In the meantime, Farnworth provided a piece of further clarity on Wednesday for two neighbouring health authorities: The minister said Vancouver Coastal Health and Fraser Health will be considered a single region under the new orders."

source: CBC News
C36

Next

Return to General