Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Lower Back Pains

Off Topic Comments, Help, Tips and Trick

by Slappy » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:49 am

Alton wrote:
Slappy wrote:Seat harness?

Nope. Waist harness ... just to make things worse

No no, I'm suggesting using a seat harness for a while until your pain goes away.
Slappy

by 8mdude » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:13 am

Alton wrote:
Slappy wrote:Seat harness?

Nope. Waist harness ... just to make things worse

Dude you have to start wearing pampers. We’re not getting younger

I use board shorts with pampers in it. Feels comfy when riding.
8mdude

by ola_v » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:17 am

this worked for me. still get some minor pain but doesnt stop me from doing things (previously really bad). took a week of doing it everyday to get about 80% there and now 3-4 times/week maintenance.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BOTvaRaDjI[/youtube]
ola_v

by imdmitry » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:05 pm

ola_v wrote:this worked for me. still get some minor pain but doesnt stop me from doing things (previously really bad). took a week of doing it everyday to get about 80% there and now 3-4 times/week maintenance.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BOTvaRaDjI[/youtube]

So many of us has back problem.
I usually do hot yoga and it goes away. Now with studios closed I can't fix my back last 3 months. Doing at home doesn't help. Thanks for sharing the video, will try your that back strengthening workout.
Last edited by imdmitry on Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
imdmitry

by arg » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:22 pm

The ' sphinx ' pose , posted as a cartoon on page one of this thread works for me.
I tried everything, except of course going to physical therapy as my male gene overrode that great idea. Anyhow, the ' sphinx ' pose seemed counter-intuitive at the time, but it worked, and still works for me.
Find what works for you.
arg

by Capitanron » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:08 pm

Alton - get a tennis ball and lay down with it between where your back aches and the floor. Move around to put pressure in the areas that are sore. Or - get a small Chinese girl to stand on your back and rock back and forth over the area of your spine that hurts. If you’re lucky maybe you can get her in the shower too?
Capitanron

Previous

Return to General