Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Is Trident Sports Still in Business?!

Off Topic Comments, Help, Tips and Trick

by mjamero » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:16 pm

I've been trying to get in touch with Trident Sports on the North Shore without luck.

When I call their phone number it says not in service. When I email them it bounces back. Anyone know what's up? I heard a few months ago they were in the process of being acquired by Starboard . I hope they are still around. Philippe at Airtime closed his doors. I hope not Trident as well.
mjamero

by redbaron » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:07 pm

From what I heard, Trident closed and a California company took over Starboard distribution. The guy that is in charge of their windsurfing is in the east coast of usa.

On the plus side Quatro/Goya now has good distribution in Canada.
redbaron

by mjamero » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:04 am

redbaron wrote:From what I heard, Trident closed and a California company took over Starboard distribution. The guy that is in charge of their windsurfing is in the east coast of usa.

On the plus side Quatro/Goya now has good distribution in Canada.

As a Starboard fan boy I am disappointed by the loss of local representation but it is welcomed to hear the void is being filled, albeit by other brands.

You would think Trident would at least have an automated reply or update on their website. Looking on their website and Facebook page everything appears business as usual.

redbaron. I WILL say I've been very happy with that 2017 Fanatic Slalom TE I got through you last year... a fantastic board. If a similar deal comes up on another Slalom TE in the 109 size range please let me know.
mjamero

by mjamero » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:25 pm

Are there any Canadian Severne dealers? I want to buy a couple sets of Severn adjustable harness lines but can't find anyone in Canada that sells them. I've tried Trident Sports (the distributor) but have only got silence. Anyone in Canada sell them?
mjamero

by Bryanl » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:08 pm

Give North Shore Ski & Board a call.
They worked closely with them & Declin was a friend
Bryanl

Return to General