Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

How to improve heat of neoprene gears n more

Off Topic Comments, Help, Tips and Trick

by bandito » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:40 pm

Michael wrote:
Alton wrote:Same here. At the end of the day before it tanked

I think the cold really zapped my energy. I tried to warm up with tea and a snack between sessions but it didn't help much. Couldn't feel my feet or hands near the end, glad my 5m booties are coming on Monday. :D

i use dollar store fuzzy polyester sock inside my booties, it really improve them. Tape booties or suit with electric tape if water flush in. I brought a cooler full of hot water before and its awesome for putting feet in or use hot water and poor in wet suit.
I always use so call micro fleece polyester long sleeves shirt and long jones under my wetsuits (hey, doesn't have to be from expensive sports shop, any polyester fabric with some fluff do) in colder seasons and even at times at the Spit in Squamish, specially in long sessions, its amazing the difference of heat retention (I'm very underweight/low fat/ not good in cold).
- Also covering head is crucial, some use neoprene tuques if no hoodies or removable hoodie.
- Mountain coop sell 5mm shaped for holding shaft mitts(boxer gloves), nice ,as often regular gear may cut circulation with the efforts of bending n holding something in the cold.

I am indeed a Chihuahua HA HA! (hey i have been like 60 months in total on Mexican sea sides, pinche Benito :)

my 2 cent ;)

ooo , watch season 3 ep 1 of the Ozzy series Housos, may make you laugh a lot (or cringe) with it virus related plot.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3676 you will never complain with those he he
bandito

Return to General