Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Sailworks 7.0 NX and 7.8 NX - A Sour Sale

For sale, wanted and promotions

by mjamero » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:02 pm

To the person who left with the Sailworks 7.0 NX and 7.8 NX today from the Craigslist add. You were informed by both me, the prearranged buyer, and the seller that these sails were sold to you in error. Rather than do the honorable thing and return them it would appear you have decided to ignore good conscience and keep them anyway. Bad karma! Given the nature of how these sails came to be available this is pretty insulting behavior to the original owner. The local windsurfing community is small and has a long memory.
mjamero

by ZeroR2 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:33 pm

This sound interesting. How did he buy in error? Details. I think I know the ad in question.
ZeroR2

by mjamero » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:52 pm

ZeroR2 wrote:This sound interesting. How did he buy in error? Details. I think I know the ad in question.

Long story short, there was a miss identification and some things that were set aside ended up in the wrong hands. I crossed paths with this third person just as they were loading them in their car. I informed them of the mix up. Rather than wait for clarification they drove off while I went to talk to the person coordination the sale. The sale coordinator also called this person, informed them of the mistake, and requested they return them. No reply so far. You would think at that point people would understand there is an issue.

I really had my heart set on these two sails for reasons beyond just the need for these two very specific sales. The previous owner was a friend who recently passed.I really had my heart on owning a couple of his sails for memento reasons. I had arranged to have these specific sails set aside a long time ago. I really wish I could let this go but it is bothering me.
mjamero

by ZeroR2 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:19 pm

Makes sense. I know which person who passed you are referring to. Hope you get the sails.
ZeroR2

by Pavel » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:28 am

Sorry to hear that Mark.
I’m pretty sure this qualifies as theft. Specially if the third person was notified by the owner. Call the police.
Pavel

by mjamero » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:31 am

Thanks ZeroR2. It's been a particularly challenging time in my family and this was supposed be something to bring a bit of joy. Instead it's the opposite. Nothing worse than seeing gear that was promised to you, that you been making arrangements for days ahead and been searching for for months (I am NOT in a position to buy new due to recent things) being loaded in to another person's car as you arrive at the specified time and place. I'm not sure what guts me more, the mistake (whatever, it can happen but there is no reason it should have. The gear should have been marked with my name and set aside), or the fact the third person once notified by both people of the mistake hasn't stepped up. Perhaps they didn't get the voicemail(S)? If I was on the other end of this and was the person who got the sails I wouldn't be happy about it but I would still correct the issue because it's the right thing to do. That's me. Perhaps the windsurfing community is not as tight or friendly as I thought it was. This adds salt to the wound.
mjamero

by mjamero » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:35 am

Pavel wrote:Sorry to hear that Mark.
I’m pretty sure this qualifies as theft. Specially if the third person was notified by the owner. Call the police.

Hey Pavel. I was to pay when I arrived to pick up the gear. That was the arrangement. So this comes down to an honor thing.

It seems I don't have much luck with sails. A couple years ago my van was broken in to and half my gear stolen. Frustrating to say the least.
mjamero

by mjamero » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:36 pm

The person's name is Colin M.

I truly did my best to give Colin the benefit of the doubt. I called polity and asked to solve the misunderstanding civilly. He hung up 20 seconds in to the call. At this point I am stunned by his deceit and dishonesty.

Everyone take note, if you see someone named Colin sailing/rigging an orange/blue Sailworks 7.0 or 7.8 NX PLEASE remember the level he stooped to to get those sails. Treat him with the respect he earned and deserves.

It's so sad that a good person and friend passes too soon and vultures come out to feed on the left overs. It's discussing, despicable, and disrespectful to the original owner.

Colin if you are reading this. Karma man! Karma! I hope your soul enjoys those sails.
mjamero

by Gleb » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:11 pm

Wow never thought of drama in windsurfing, there’s like 37 windsurfers in all of BC :lol:

Plus over slalom sails... :mrgreen:
Gleb

by ZeroR2 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:29 pm

Gleb wrote:Wow never thought of drama in windsurfing, there’s like 37 windsurfers in all of BC :lol:

Plus over slalom sails... :mrgreen:

Agree. I don't think I would be this upset if I even broke my wrist. Forget about material items. Life goes on. The seller made a mistake or maybe not. I am speculating that he wanted to unload the goods for the estate (or helping out) ASAP. A lot of unreliable buyers and sellers on CL and you can't vet. I would also disagree about how you associate the windsurfing community based on your sales transaction that didn't happen. I have had the opposite experience in my life. Pretty honest and cool guys. I think you need to reflect that you are healthy (hope you are) and that another deal will come along. Probably not a good way to handle this frustration on this forum. I recall that you were unhappy with a transaction with Jesse Cohens about the shipping of your board. All I am trying to say, is that these are minute issues, keep positive and don't little things bog you down. Life is too short.
ZeroR2

Next

Return to Buy and Sell