Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Friday

Kitesurfing shop talk

by Michael » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:13 pm

Think I've found my love for Acadia again! Best winging session ever! Thanks to Dave for getting me down there around noon. Perfect timing as the wind dropped a bit but the waves were sweet on the high tide. Felt a little over powered at first with a few foil breaches but slowly got dialled in. Some really nice long clean waves just up from dog beach made for great foiling jibes into switch, then sailed toe side back down the wave face with one hand on the wing, not flagged out but powered up, one of the coolest sensations I've had on the water. It was sunny too! :D
Michael

by nicolas » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:56 pm

Fantastic session in the sun with Michael on his wing :D and Dave coming down from Acadia to join company. Nice rollers! :D
Launched from the parking lot just down from Dog beach. What a nice way to end October on my 4.8 dialed in Happy Halloween everybody! :D
nicolas

by bandito » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:25 pm

Alton wrote:Pinched out 1hr on 8m+surfboard then another 1hr on 12m+surfboard. Suprisingly civilized chop and some sweet waves at Spanish Banks. Great way to end October :D

Jericho_Fri_Oct_29.gif

Yo , maybe another session before November??❤️
bandito

by Alton » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:45 pm

bandito wrote:Yo , maybe another session before November??❤️

When? Sunday is Halloween

Code: Select all
   ___
               ___)__|_
          .-*'          '*-,
         /      /|   |\     \
        ;      /_|   |_\     ;
        ;   |\           /|  ;
        ;   | ''--...--'' |  ;
         \  ''---.....--''  /
          ''*-.,_______,.-*' 
Alton

by C36 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:30 pm

Image[/url]

Tingle (hands) and shine (sun). Arrived just as Jens and Brian C were leaving. Too light to keep even the big gear going all the time at first and did some wallowing down to the toilet bowl (cove). Swell was modest for the most part, but organized and clean with the odd nice swell train of smoothies rolling through. More cow bell (larger fin – 26 cm) and a touch more wind was the answer. I was able to drive back up to Upper Acadia. Then sailed down to see Tsawwassen gliding some nice swell flights on wing out from `Dark` Beach (aka Dog Beach). Brisk air temps made for cool bare hands. Nice long lunch!

ps The OSR bot is broken (voicemails don't autopost anymore). Any chance this feature is coming back Alton?

Gallery (to view as a slideshow click on the screen icon top right)
C36

by Jens » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:05 pm

Joined John for the morning shift and Brian soon followed. Really nice swells in the beginning but got more mushy as tide rolled in. Wind dropped a bit and decided to call it a day before I started loosing ground. Sailed 5.0/89ltr. Tried a bigger 20cm fin with 11 sides which did a good job keeping me upwind despite mostly being a little underpowered. Quite a chilly session and was the final push for me to order a new wintersuit I've been eyeing out, hopefully it arrives soon:)

A few photos from before and after I went out - https://jenskristianballe.com/Private/Acadia-Oct-29-2021/thumbs
Jens

by Brian C » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:46 pm

Fun morning. 4.5/95 worked well for me at Acadia from 930-11am. Had enough power to stay way upwind, to the degree that I thought Jens and John must have gone in because I couldn’t see them in the distance.
Waves were as Jens said, but they got better again when the wind picked up a bit at about 1030.
Pulled out my ugly old dry suit and hood to stay toasty warm in the cool morning air. The sun felt good!
Tide was right for easy launch and landing without serious shorebreak. I loved scoring one of the elusive Acadia NW’ly days.
Brian C

Previous

Return to Kiteboarding