Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

China Creek vs Nitinat

Kitesurfing shop talk

by Ryan » Tue May 25, 2021 2:16 pm

max.spock wrote:Has anyone been to the expanded Nitinat campground area? Are the sites provided with tables? Is there running/potable water anywhere?
Haven't been there in a couple of years but I've heard of significant changes..
cheers

Mr Spock, to answer your question, I was last there in 2019, and things looked like the picture below where a table is visible so maybe a few of the sites have tables.
There is potable water at a pump/tap nearer to the entrance. Things change from year to year so worth asking the campsite.

IMG_20190630_123926.jpg
IMG_20190630_123926.jpg (4.34 MiB) Viewed 3625 times
Ryan

by grantmac » Tue May 25, 2021 2:19 pm

Regardless of what the province says if you're living in an area with a high case load, or have to transit through one to get somewhere then just stay home.

The Island has been deprioritized for vaccinations specifically because we've done a decent job of containing this locally. Coming here from a place that isn't doing very well just makes a mockery of the efforts put in here.
grantmac

by Ryan » Tue May 25, 2021 2:31 pm

I'm only going once it is safe and I have my second shot.
Ryan

by max.spock » Tue May 25, 2021 2:43 pm

grantmac wrote:Regardless of what the province says if you're living in an area with a high case load, or have to transit through one to get somewhere then just stay home.

The Island has been deprioritized for vaccinations specifically because we've done a decent job of containing this locally. Coming here from a place that isn't doing very well just makes a mockery of the efforts put in here.

Again, there are rules in place to protect different health authorities and for what I understand they won't be lifted until is safe to do so.

Let's leave covid out of this conversation and talk wind
max.spock

Previous

Return to Kiteboarding