Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Westheaven Saturday

Windsurfing shop talk

by jirkmen@gmail.com » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:13 pm

Saturday looks like an epic day in westport... Have anyone windsurf there? Anyone keen yo go check it out tomorrow. I would have two spots in car...
jirkmen@gmail.com

by Michael » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:42 pm

jirkmen@gmail.com wrote:Saturday looks like an epic day in westport... Have anyone windsurf there?

Westport WA? I've never been windsurfing there but have thought about it. I'd be very curious to hear how it goes.
Michael

by 8mdude » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:29 pm

jirkmen@gmail.com wrote:Saturday looks like an epic day in westport... Have anyone windsurf there? Anyone keen yo go check it out tomorrow. I would have two spots in car...

I actually have windsurfed there by the bay. Just stay away from beach break and should be ok.
8mdude

by jirkmen@gmail.com » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:38 pm

In the end I went there and it was epically strong... Sailed inside the bay, quite big swell started to feather there and sort of brake. But the wind was so strong that was impossible to even ride something... Great experience!!! With less wind it must be epic.
jirkmen@gmail.com

by Michael » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:55 pm

jirkmen@gmail.com wrote:In the end I went there and it was epically strong... Sailed inside the bay, quite big swell started to feather there and sort of brake. But the wind was so strong that was impossible to even ride something... Great experience!!! With less wind it must be epic.

Thanks for the report! What sail size were you on? Did you go check out the south side of the Jetty?
Michael

by jirkmen@gmail.com » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:11 am

I was on 3.6 and yep I went on the south side as the direction shifted bit more to the NW in the afternoon.
here is link to the whole day on Instagram story: https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h ... MyMTA2M2Y=
i would add some pic but don't really know how. :/ :D
jirkmen@gmail.com

by Michael » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:08 am

jirkmen@gmail.com wrote:I was on 3.6 and yep I went on the south side as the direction shifted bit more to the NW in the afternoon.
here is link to the whole day on Instagram story: https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h ... MyMTA2M2Y=
i would add some pic but don't really know how. :/
Wow, it looks crazy! Must have been a challenging with the on-shore winds!
Michael

Return to Windsurfing