Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Boundary Bay today

Windsurfing shop talk

by Michael » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:53 pm

Got out for about an hour and a half today. Was stoked when the sensor hit 20 knots, couldn't wait to try my 370 stab with my 799, thought I was going to kill it out there today! No, didn't happen! There were so many weeds and debris out there today, I was all over the place, crashing and breaching every reach, felt like my board had a mind of it's own! I usually love BBay, but today it sucked! :(
Michael

by imdmitry » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:31 pm

Met Michael on a way out. Wind was probably 17kn and was going down. I was testing new gear as well. I had 5m UFO. I knew it's going to be underpowered, but decided to try. Lots of weeds, it was hard to get upwind to no weeds zone. Foil was breaching and didn't want to go upwind, plus was underpowered on 5m. Had to work with kite.
Was able to get upwind of the mile maker with no weed. Swell was waist high, tide not to shallow, without long walk, which is good.
So far I'm happy. Was able to use it in 14-17kn wind. If I was out on my Naish pivot 5m, it probably whould dropped and I had to swim back.
It turns great, usually I have to loop the kite in light wind. This one I could turn during jibes without looping.
But it's only 1st session.
Wait for proper over 20kn days.
imdmitry

Return to Windsurfing