Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Epoxy Tints

Windsurfing shop talk

by keeldude » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:04 pm

Nice find. I have not. They claim to be super concentrated, but will just have to test that out. For $12, I will give it a shot as it's nice to have a local option. FiberTek on Boundary road has some epoxy pigments as well but never tried them. I have ordered epoxy pigment pastes from Art Works Resin Canada and was pretty happy with the Color Passion line. They go for $14/50g and seems enough to make a few boards depending how crazy you get. They are a pigment rather than a tint so they go quite opaque, it just depends if you want a translucent tint versus opaque color.
keeldude

by Michael » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:46 pm

I ordered the white, black and blue. We'll see how they work!
Michael

by BigD » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:46 pm

What are you making? I'll take one
BigD

by Michael » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:51 am

BigD wrote:What are you making? I'll take one

Sorry D, just repairs for now. :D
Michael

by Ryan » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:56 am

Hey Michael
Is the board you are fixing tinted or painted?
A tinted board example, they look good.
tinted.jpg
tinted.jpg (34.7 KiB) Viewed 6813 times
Ryan

by Michael » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:08 pm

Ryan wrote:A tinted board example, they look good.

Those boards look great! My boards are painted but I'm going to try and mix the tint with some micro balloons and epoxy to create a coloured fill.
Michael

by LeopardSkin » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:08 pm

Michael wrote:I ordered the white, black and blue. We'll see how they work!

Those are the colours of a Vancouver orca.
LeopardSkin

by bandito » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:00 am

keeldude wrote:Nice find. I have not. They claim to be super concentrated, but will just have to test that out. For $12, I will give it a shot as it's nice to have a local option. FiberTek on Boundary road has some epoxy pigments as well but never tried them. I have ordered epoxy pigment pastes from Art Works Resin Canada and was pretty happy with the Color Passion line. They go for $14/50g and seems enough to make a few boards depending how crazy you get. They are a pigment rather than a tint so they go quite opaque, it just depends if you want a translucent tint versus opaque color.

Best prices for epoxy West System in liter and maybe some other stuff is Robertson Plastics , in Surrey/Langley area. I got some fiber glass / carbon /interfiber/cabosil/chopped strand / either there or Fibertek . compare prices. Always phone ,get confirmation AND material confirmed waiting for you in Vancouver as they can screw up. I saw pigments powders they seem good.
Clear E0poxy doesn't like sun UV at all, it will crack wt time exposure and supposedly the main failure or Carbon windsurfing mast m boom. Pigmented should help blocking UV penetrations depth?
bandito

Return to Windsurfing