Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Shuswap Lake, Salmon Arm

Windsurfing shop talk

by jtorva » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:13 am

Anyone on here have experience windsurfing (or kiting) Shuswap Lake or some of the lakes in the Salmon Arm area? Curious to know conditions and other details that can be shared.
Jordan
jtorva

by Mike » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:05 pm

No experience kiting or windsurfing there but my uncle has a cabin in the northern part. The last time I was there a few years ago there was no wind. I did not bring gear based on past observations and wasn't there long.

Having said above, on my way driving up, I think there may been (to my eye) potential for foiling.

Haven't been up there for long spans but, come to think of it, no one ever mentioned seeing windsurfers or kiting (and they know what I do). Mind you, this is at the far northern section. Where I think there may have been some foiling potential was lower down.

I'd be curious to learn more on this, so good question.
Mike

by lucas » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:46 pm

I go to revelstoke for mountain biking every year, last couple years have brought my kites, scored at 3 valley gap twice in some pretty full on conditions.
lucas

by shmish » Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:26 am

Having driven that route maybe a couple of hundred times, there often is wind at Three Valley Gap like Lucas says. It looks to be typical mountain gusty, I've never sailed there. I've noted windy days along Shuswap Lake but I don't think it's a regular thermal.

Looking at a map, I wouldnt be surprised if Adams Lake got a summer thermal. Thats just a guess though.
shmish

Return to Windsurfing