Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Boundary Bay 11g18

Windsurfing shop talk

by Michael » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:41 am

Picking up in Boundary Bay.
Michael

by imdmitry » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:39 pm

I was out at BB, ferry terminal.
Kitefoiling from 10am till 3pm. Nice steady 13-15kn. Started in cloudy SE, then switched to SW, wind was almost on shore all time.
Lots of weed close to shore line and no weeds further out and far from shore.

I was the only kiter, joined later by windsurfer.
imdmitry

by Michael » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:39 pm

Sunny windy Saturday in Boundary Bay, what a way to spend pre-Fathers Day. Hanging out with super dad Chuck and an appearance from Dave C36 himself on a new paddle powered toy. So nice to be winging again after what seemed like ages. Out for my first real session on my new board and foil. Wind was light to start and it was a challenge to get going, then just a few more knots and it was perfect. Waves started forming and the sun was shinning, it was too good to be true! Then I hit a log and smashed the nose on my board! Just seconds before the I was thinking Chuck was right there is a lot of shit in the water, turned onto a wave and bang. Want to see a grown man cry, smash his super sexy new board into a #%&@ing log. Carried my injured beauty back to the beach. Chuck says I feel your pain Bro and holds up his surf board with a nice big hole in it! Ouch!! We both agreed it was an awesome day despite the pain. Now I'm going to have a drink and cry some more. Happy Fathers Day to all those awesome wind Dads out there! Hope we get some wind tomorrow and I have enough Solarez to get back on the water!
Michael

Return to Windsurfing