Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Beginner Windsurfing Board

Windsurfing shop talk

by vtsarkov » Fri May 21, 2021 8:39 am

Hi!

My girlfriend tried windsurfing for the first time and is eager to get into it. I'm lucky, I know.

Is there any chance anyone has a 160L board with a daggerboard collecting dust somewhere, preferably from this millennium? Both outright purchase or longer-term rent are possibilities.

I know they can be rented at Jericho, but it's $26/h and can't really be taken anywhere else conveniently. 10 weekends will add up to a new board + the inconvenience of hauling it around.

I've also been looking at buying one like this or better yet like this, and then trying to sell it locally a year down the road, but they are quite pricy.

Any advice or thoughts help!

Cheers!
---

-Vadim
vtsarkov

by grantmac » Fri May 21, 2021 8:56 am

Honestly if she has any athletic ability all you need is a largish freeride board. Preferably something with a foil box so you can use it for more than one purpose.
grantmac

by Richi » Fri May 21, 2021 10:16 am

I would contact The directors of Clublocarno and ubc sailing. They might have purchased some new gear for the season and are looking to sell some old gear. Good luck
Richi

by Michael » Fri May 21, 2021 11:10 am

vtsarkov wrote:Is there any chance anyone has a 160L board with a daggerboard collecting dust somewhere,

Yup, 160L RRD Easyride M. Great board for learning, I've had it out with a 7.5 and it's actually a fun board to rip around on in light winds too. A few dings on the rails but it's a solid board with a nice soft top. I've been hanging on to it to teach my kids but I think they are on to other things now. If you are interested send me a PM and make me an offer, I'm not sure if I'm ready to let it go but it would be nice to see someone getting some use out of it.
Attachments
rrdeasyride.jpg
rrdeasyride.jpg (640.8 KiB) Viewed 3644 times
Michael

by ZeroR2 » Fri May 21, 2021 11:45 am

Another idea would be a hardboard WindSup (don't get inflatable/doesn't track well in currents). If she gives up on windsurfing or the wind dies, she can go SUPing and still be on the water. Just and idea.
ZeroR2

Return to Windsurfing