Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Sunday SE

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Michael » Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:15 pm

Alton wrote:Fun sharing the waves with Michael

That was the fun part today for sure, there were some nice waves out there! Think I scored my biggest and longest wave ride on the wing today.
Michael

by 8mdude » Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:29 pm

Morning epic session at CB this morning too — 5+ of us windsurfing

SW Monday probably heading south of the island- Dallas Rd Victoria
NW Tuesday most likely heading west of the island - South Chesterman
8mdude

by C36 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:52 pm

Centennial (2022 Apr 3)

Split the difference and arrived at about 10 am and took to the water about 11 am pretty much at the peak of the wind. Saw Tsawwassen winging WAY on the outside and then lost sight of him – assumed he’d come in to grab windsurfing gear and later heard about the long swim. Sorry I wasn’t watching closer. Quick chat with one of the resident bike-kiters about wind strength and we agreed it seemed to amping up so aborted medium sized gear for small gear (3.8/74) and was glad I did – it was ‘just right’ out on the water. Solid wind and great wind wave angle allowed for easy drives up wind, jumping and controlled wave riding – this was FUN!!! Gybed onto one rather large swell on the outside and got the thumbs up from the resident bike-kiter. Resident windsurfer joined by Gleb. Gleb said the resident windsurfer was banging off high forwards. Saw Gleb land a fully rotated push loop, minor crumple on impact. Well done! Gleb seemed pleased with the early season effort. Wind got punchy and I clung to the small gear too long and then grabbed medium set-up (4.5/92), but by that time things got a touch punchy and unsettled. Good times!

Gallery (to view as a slideshow click on the screen icon top right)
C36

Previous

Return to Weather Talk and OSR