Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Long weekend winds

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Michael » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:37 am

Things are picking up in Boundary Bay.
Tide is dropping fast, not sure if I'll be able to wing but if it picks up it might be good for a windsurf.
Michael

by Alton » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:55 pm

9m conditions at 3rd. Pumping 8m
Alton

by Michael » Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:07 pm

Alton wrote:9m conditions at 3rd. Pumping 8m

Nice one Alton! I think I missed timed it again. Waited for it to pick up until 2, but it was still only around 20 knots so I gave up on windsurfing and went to the ferry terminal to wing. Never sailed on an easterly there before and now I know why. Super gusty and it got cold really fast. It was 7 degrees at the airport but it felt like 2 or 3 out here. A nice big cloud set up above me blocking the sun and probably making the already gusty winds worse. Sailed for an hour and gave up. It started to crank around 4 while I was sitting in the hot tub trying to defrost. Sick of winter!
Michael

by imdmitry » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:00 pm

Double session for me today.
Started with early morning snowboarding at Cypress with Alton and Mike, saw Jens as well.
Right after that went to BB 3d ave. Wind was 18kn maybe, flat water. Went on 9m and tt, decided that I don't want to walk far with foil. It was great boosting day really enjoyed flat, glassy water behind sandbar in 1.8m tide. Around 3pm decided to stop, started doing to many mistakes and falling too much. Saw Alton launching, and in the morning he said NE is too cold for him and he is not coming. I was warm today, it was sunny and I even have sun burn after 3d on a water. Wind went up right after I finished gusting at least to 28kn and air become colder.
imdmitry

by JonathanP » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:14 pm

Winged porteau cove. Filled in well to shore but gusty with nice rolling waves. Probably 30+knts. Temps were fine, chilly fingers though, probably blowing again tomorrow but looking colder! Three other wingers out.
JonathanP

by Alton » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:42 pm

imdmitry wrote:Double session for me today...

Double session (snowboarding + kitesurfing) for both of us !!!

Arrived when Jerry, Cash and Rob D were leaving.

Amazing session at 3rd Ave. Many thanks to Dmitry for encouraging me to go for a double. Wind just got stronger and stronger. ENE 20-25 for 2 hrs on 8m+surfboard under WARM sunny sky.

Very low tide with knee to waist high breaking waves just south of the mile marker ... super fun toe side hits. Never thought an easterly would be so much fun.

The last of us (Roxstock, Jarin and I) called it quits when the sun fell low and chill set in.

Pretty sweet to score 3 consecutive days but didn't expect today to be the best of them all.

Boundary_Bay_Mon_Feb_21.gif
Boundary_Bay_Mon_Feb_21.gif (17.14 KiB) Viewed 3945 times
Alton

Previous

Return to Weather Talk and OSR