Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Boundary Bay Sensor - anyone know someone to fix?

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Mike » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:43 pm

Those with iwindsurf/ikitesurf accounts may have noticed that the Boundary Bay sensor has only been working intermitently lately. I've inquired with their support team. They are aware of the issue and it will now be down until fixed. They are looking for someone with the skills to repair this on a roof. If you happen to know someone, let me know and I'll pass it on.

Below is the message I got from them:

"I have some more information regarding the Boundary Bay sensor. The sensor maintenance team has been searching for someone with the skills to repair something on a roof, but we have not yet found a candidate. For now, the site will remain down until we can send a technician to the area or find a local who is willing to fix the sensor.

If you have anyone in mind, feel free to pass their name and phone number to us, and someone from our sensor maintenance team should reach out to them.

Have a great day!
Best regards,
Spencer McCormick
WeatherFlow Support"
Mike

by Alton » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:39 pm

Unfortunately I believe the BBay sensor is in Point Roberts
Alton

by Mike » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:55 pm

Oh great, that will be limiting.

Although it's less than it was at it's old location, it is still useful and a big reason I have an account. If I'm going to juggle work and do the drive, I want all the Intel I can get.
Mike

by Capitanron » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:25 am

It’s on my place in Point Roberts. They have been planning on doing work on the sensor however the border is always the issue with Covid. It looked like there was a ray of hope for the end of November but then comes Omicron and further hurdles. The old location was on the Bayside Squash Club. The new location is less than 100 M away. Shouldn’t be any difference in readings
Capitanron

by Bryanl » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:54 am

It's easy to get down to Pt Roberts just now.
No Covid tests etc for people that are double vaxxed
You need to fill out the Arrivecan App to get back into Canada but that's easy.
Note that there's not much Wi-Fi in Pt Roberts but you can fill out the App b/4 you go.
Bryanl

Return to Weather Talk and OSR