Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Sunday S to SW

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Michael » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:42 pm

adam2 wrote:Michael were you the blue Freewing launching near the far end of the causeway? It looked like someone else on a windfoil board. If so you were doing great! I tried coming upwind to say hi but my upwinding without a harness leaves much to be desired. I am hoping using the harness will get me windfoiling-like angles to allow for the upwind/downwinding that makes windfoiling so fun. Right now my surface jibes are eating in to most of my upwind progress.

Thanks Adam, yes that was me. I saw you down wind but didn't realize that was you. I had some good moments and some bad. My big foil wing helps me crank up wind but I did get over powered when the wind picked up and had some nasty crashes. It's super fun though, can't wait to get back out and try again. What size is your board again?
Michael

by adam2 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:01 pm

Michael wrote:
adam2 wrote:Michael were you the blue Freewing launching near the far end of the causeway? It looked like someone else on a windfoil board. If so you were doing great! I tried coming upwind to say hi but my upwinding without a harness leaves much to be desired. I am hoping using the harness will get me windfoiling-like angles to allow for the upwind/downwinding that makes windfoiling so fun. Right now my surface jibes are eating in to most of my upwind progress.

Thanks Adam, yes that was me. I saw you down wind but didn't realize that was you. I had some good moments and some bad. My big foil wing helps me crank up wind but I did get over powered when the wind picked up and had some nasty crashes. It's super fun though, can't wait to get back out and try again. What size is your board again?

Hi Michael, I am on a first-gen Wizard 125L, that volume lets me get away with murder when it comes to getting the wing in the air and schlogging. I was hanging on to a 6.2 wing. Eventually I'll go with a smaller board, but i'm in no hurry as I'm usually stuck riding in super light wind. I'm running it with the an Infinity 84 wing that goes upwind like mad with a sail, but I'm having trouble doing the same with wing. I am glad to hear you got your wing back, your tale will server as a reminder to me not swap the leash out. Seeya out there!
adam2

Previous

Return to Weather Talk and OSR