Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

NW fri/sat/sun?

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Roxstock » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:24 pm

Anyone lose a yellow surf board today?
Roxstock

by Slappy » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:10 pm

Michael wrote:Thanks for taking video Slappy! I've got to say ripping around in those small waves with your surfboard looks really fun.

Oh yeah, it's a blast. I don't get why more people don't ride that board, the thing is amazing and costs $200 vs. all these $1000 epoxy boards.

Michael wrote:where do you park and launch when you sail dog beach?

You can park at the west end of the off-leash parking lot and it's about 150m walk to the sandy beach with all the dogs on it (be careful pumping up there though, I've had 2 different kites get holes punched in them by dogs, as well as peed on).

I would probably opt for Acadia with a wing though, you have 100m walk from the Acadia parking lot to the beach steps or a 200m walk to the access near the sandbar. Acadia will be much more challenging shore break to get through:

The video is of crazy high tide though, it's not always that bad.

If you are just learning the wing though you might be better off opting for a less wavy spot like in front of the kayak rental beside the sailing center, I think that is pay parking though. If the tide is high and you'll be doing the walk of shame then Tolmie St. would be a good launch, but only if the tide is high.
Slappy

by Slappy » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:29 am

Decided to give high wind foiling a go yesterday with the back to back sessions and lack of low tide.

Slappy

by Michael » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:55 pm

Slappy wrote:You can park at the west end of the off-leash parking lot and it's about 150m walk to the sandy beach with all the dogs on it (be careful pumping up there though, I've had 2 different kites get holes punched in them by dogs, as well as peed on).

Thanks Slappy.
Michael

Previous

Return to Weather Talk and OSR