Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

NW fri/sat/sun?

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Gleb » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:36 pm

8mdude wrote:Tofino is looking good. Gleb?

Looks awesome! Need to get a van first, the civic is a bit tight for sleeping in with gear :shock:
Gleb

by Slappy » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:08 pm

Sat 11am-1pm W 12
Sat 4pm WNW 20g30

Looks like there should be a decent LW session followed by a chance at a power hour right before dark.

All the igetwind models have shifted a few hours earlier too, which is a good sign.
wind.png
wind.png (35.25 KiB) Viewed 5652 times

Best tides from 2:30-dark.
Slappy

by Alton » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:58 am

Looks like an upgrade. Dunno if I should start early on 12m then get overpowered for more TOW ... or wait patiently on 9m for less TOW

Sunset at 5:17 pm

CYVR Vancouver
TAF Forecasted Feb 6 3:38 am
Sat 4am E 8
Sat 5am-7am ENE 8
Sat 9am ENE 10
Sat 11am-1pm W 12
Sat 4pm WNW 22g35
Sun 7am-9am W 15g25

igetwind_spanish-banks.png
igetwind_spanish-banks.png (109.54 KiB) Viewed 5640 times
Alton

by Mike » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:35 am

Hopefully sooner than later.

I was thinking Harrison today but it's 26g37 and 5deg celcuis. WAY too much to foil as I noticed last year that sensor seems now to read a little low. 15g20 has me solid on 4.5 (foil).

Paid my dues yesterday: Failed wind (again) at Jericho. Went to ferry terminal (north side). Slipped on rocks carrying my board/foil - stratches and bumps on me and board but no breaks... Low back tight (makes me sail tenantive). Probably too much sitting working at home. Didn't rig outhaul right so had to re-do with hands in cold water (I tie a figure 8 so this was hard to undo with numb hands). Yeash! Got a decent length of session in with good wind but was un fun work to get there. I think I saw Michael on other side winging. If it was him, looking good. Couldn't stay as had to go.
Mike

by Alton » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:14 am

G-Spot is looking good :D

G-Spot-pleasuring-your-world.jpg
G-Spot-pleasuring-your-world.jpg (24.51 KiB) Viewed 5612 times
Alton

by Michael » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:05 pm

Mike wrote:I think I saw Michael on other side winging. If it was him, looking good. Couldn't stay as had to go.

Hey Mike, yes that was me. I finally got my wing on Thursday and took it out yesterday for my first session. I didn't see you there, I looked at the North side and saw a guy winging but decided to go on the South side because I knew on my first attempts I would just get pushed back into shore and didn't want my foil chewed up on those rocks. Sorry to hear about you and your board getting banged up. My first few reaches on the wing I got blown off shore a bit but just slogged back to the beach at Tsatsu shores and walked back to the car. The wind was too light and I couldn't get up on the foil at first which was OK, it gave me a chance to learn how to steer the board and hold the wing. Things felt awkward at first and I was thinking this is kind of lame, then I popped up on the foil and it clicked! It's so fun, you've got to try it! Wind foiling strapless sure helped as when I got up on the foil it was similar. I'm glad it wasn't windy yesterday morning though as I would have gone to Acadia for my first session and that would have been a mistake. Hopefully we'll get some wind today.
Michael

by Alton » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:11 pm

Michael wrote:... I finally got my wing on Thursday and took it out yesterday for my first session ...

Hey Michael - you gotta join the crew at 3rd Avenue. That's where all the Tsawwassen locals (like Jared, James ...) launch their wing foils from
Alton

by shmish » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:37 pm

I’m thinking of heading to Jericho soon (maybe arrive at 1pm) and try for some windfoiling in lighter winds. Not sure what the best call will be for later, assuming the forecast holds.

Michael, it sounds like your foil board is working well for you! Is that three sports of using you’re getting on it now?
shmish

by Richi » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:38 pm

Alton wrote:
Michael wrote:... I finally got my wing on Thursday and took it out yesterday for my first session ...

Right on, Michael! What did you get and what size? Cant wait to see some video on the learning curve.
Richi

by Michael » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:56 pm

Richi wrote:ight on, Michael! What did you get and what size? Cant wait to see some video on the learning curve.
Hey Rich, 5M Airush Freewing, you've got to try it! Super fun, I can't wait to try it in the waves, I think it will be perfect for ripping up those Acadia swells! Not sure if I'll attempt it today though, I need to get the footstraps sorted before hitting the waves! Video coming soon.

shmish wrote:Michael, it sounds like your foil board is working well for you! Is that three sports of using you’re getting on it now?

Definitely glad I got it. I'm sure I'll be getting a wing specific board in the future but for learning foiling it's been great.
Michael

PreviousNext

Return to Weather Talk and OSR