Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Wednesday Brrrrrr ...

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Alton » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:14 pm

Image

igetwind_boundary-bay-3rd-avenue.png
igetwind_boundary-bay-3rd-avenue.png (31.92 KiB) Viewed 904 times
User avatar
Alton
 
Posts: 5308
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:09 am

by Brian C » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:44 pm

That’s below my 6c threshold. Need full mitts, a dry suit, and shallow water to consider sailing in 4c weather IMHO. If you go, play safely!
Brian C
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:21 pm

by tweegster » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:07 pm

Still above -10 threshold. ;)

Agree onshore shallow only, but I wear a 5/4 and a windbreak layer and its comfy. Thick gloves, touque and suit up at home.

Any precip and careful of icing on your kite and lines, it gets heavy and eventually will not fly.

Good NE spot we found is Semiahmoo hotel. Bay is full circle so safe and wind funnels thru although a bit gusty off the land. Works for all tides, park at base of spit on the right for high tide or TT. Park at small lot mid way down (covered area on right) for foiling on mid to low tide. Given the temps during a NE, I can't ever see it being crowded. There is a long dock for the marina that creates a sweet flatwater setup.

:mrgreen:
User avatar
tweegster
 
Posts: 598
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:32 pm

by grantmac » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:19 pm

Supposed to be 35kts in Victoria, feels like I might have some sailing sickness tomorrow *cough, cough*
grantmac
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:53 pm

by 8mdude » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:44 pm

Howe Sound EC forecast

Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northerly outflow 25 knots increasing to northerly outflow 35 after midnight. Wind northerly outflow 35 Wednesday.


Anybody else windsurfing in this condition? @ShannonDB?
8mdude
 
Posts: 953
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:36 am

by ShonanDB » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:35 am

8mdude wrote:
Howe Sound EC forecast

Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northerly outflow 25 knots increasing to northerly outflow 35 after midnight. Wind northerly outflow 35 Wednesday.


Anybody else windsurfing in this condition? @ShannonDB?


Was seriously considering it but due to the Transit Strike tomorrow, I have to make sure my son gets to his exams at SFU. Enjoy the first brisk NE of the Fall to all those who can get out!
User avatar
ShonanDB
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:52 pm

by LeopardSkin » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:30 am

ShonanDB wrote:
Was seriously considering it but due to the Transit Strike tomorrow, I have to make sure my son gets to his exams at SFU.


I guess ShonanDB will be hypothermic due to the last minute transit deal!
User avatar
LeopardSkin
 
Posts: 2034
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:01 am
Location: Vancouver

by Alton » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:38 am

Currently 6°C in Tsawwassen (if correct) seems bearable. Aiming for low tide

BoundaryBay_Wed_Nov_27.gif
BoundaryBay_Wed_Nov_27.gif (17.43 KiB) Viewed 508 times
User avatar
Alton
 
Posts: 5308
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:09 am

by ShonanDB » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:48 am

Transit Strike averted! Howe Sound has been raging all night and The Pam Rocks sensor says it's gusting to 45knots and 7 degrees. AJ, maybe Francois is out at Furry Creek.
User avatar
ShonanDB
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:52 pm

by Michael » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:09 am

Alton wrote:Currently 6°C in Tsawwassen (if correct) seems bearable. Aiming for low tide
BoundaryBay_Wed_Nov_27.gif

Same, around 11 should be good, hoping it gets back up to 30 knots though. :D
Michael
 
Posts: 1954
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:31 pm

Next

Return to Weather Talk and OSR

cron