Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Outflows this weekend.

Windsurfing shop talk

by ShonanDB » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:43 pm

Decent Outflows are forecast for tomorrow and Sunday mornings with tomorrow being a bit warmer than Sunday. Any takers?

I will check the actuals in the morning and post if I'm heading up.

3rd may be Kiteable (NE) both days as well.

Darrell
User avatar
ShonanDB
 
Posts: 490
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:52 pm

by ShonanDB » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:58 am

26 to 30 knots and 3 degrees , looks decent but I will take a chance on tomorrow morning instead.
User avatar
ShonanDB
 
Posts: 490
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:52 pm

by ShonanDB » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:38 am

35 gusting to 45 knots and 1 degree. Cold but heading up. ETA 8:30am.
DB
User avatar
ShonanDB
 
Posts: 490
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:52 pm

by Michael » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:59 pm

ShonanDB wrote:35 gusting to 45 knots and 1 degree. Cold but heading up. ETA 8:30am.
DB
Nice score Darrell! :D
Michael
 
Posts: 1849
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:31 pm

by ShonanDB » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:30 pm

20190303_091414.jpg
20190303_091414.jpg (1.78 MiB) Viewed 898 times
Arrived in Furry Creek around 8:30 am and it was nuking. Too windy to sail and 0 degrees so waited for the sun to come up over the ridge. Checked the water again around 9:30 and it hadn't changed but decided to rig as I was there. Grabbed my 3.4 and took the 101L and walked to the launch and met Francois from Squamish who was also rigging up. The wind seemed to have backed a little or was less gusty by the time we launched as I was surprisingly nicely powered to a little underpowered in the lulls. It steadied out after about 30 mins and turned out to be a great session. Good starboard ramps for jumping and some nice backside rides on the way in. The direction was slightly side on so no wind shadow at all today. The first 30 mins were tough on the hands but after that it was fine. Warm in the sun although the sensor was saying 1 to 2 degrees most of the morning. Came off the water around 12:30 and it was still windy but I see it backed off shortly after 1pm.
User avatar
ShonanDB
 
Posts: 490
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:52 pm

by LeopardSkin » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:28 am

What? No weekend 30 knot/ -10°C report this morning?
Image
User avatar
LeopardSkin
 
Posts: 1916
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:01 am
Location: Vancouver

by ShonanDB » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:38 pm

It was sailable but big gear this morning. Same forecast for the next few days unfortunately.
User avatar
ShonanDB
 
Posts: 490
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:52 pm


Return to Windsurfing