Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Coronavirus in OR and WA

Off Topic Comments, Help, Tips and Trick

by adam2 » Wed May 06, 2020 6:59 pm

Brian C wrote:Yes. I think people have been hesitant to post OSRs while so many activities were being discouraged. My opinion is that the message now is more like: get out and do things locally, just behave safely and maintain social distancing. That is quite practical for wind sports as long as we sail conservatively and well within our skill level/ comfort for the conditions.
Stay safe AND have some active fun everyone (and of course feel free to abstain if you feel these activities are still inappropriate).

Well said Brian.
adam2

by max.spock » Wed May 06, 2020 7:11 pm

I'm on the same page Brian. The peak has passed and hospital have plenty of capacity at the moment. I don't see how a responsible session on the water is any different that riding your bike.
I'm on the fence for Squamish, is it local or is it not? I've seen people from Squamish sailing here recently so I guess the opposite is also acceptable..
max.spock

by Michael » Wed May 06, 2020 7:24 pm

Brian C wrote:Thank you to the wind gods, for giving us a CoVid reprieve today at Locarno. Such a treat to get a sailable local NW’rly. Lots of windsurfers and kiters out, and no hassles or dirty looks from passers-by.
I had a nice midday 5.7/110litre session and could have rigged down at 130 if I wanted to sail longer.
A few shots of the scene, but I only had my phone...
Glad to hear you and others got out Brian! Thanks for the post and pictures. Sorry I missed it, I'll try and get down there next time. Will be nice to hear OSR's again!
Michael

by LeopardSkin » Wed May 06, 2020 9:30 pm

Whooo!

High fives and bro hugs all around!
LeopardSkin

by 8mdude » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:48 am

2nd wave is coming. Forget the waves at OR coast.
8mdude

Previous

Return to General