Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Coronavirus in OR and WA

Off Topic Comments, Help, Tips and Trick

by Alton » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:56 am

LeopardSkin wrote:Just announced. Canada is closing borders.

Except US citizens ... WTF ???
Alton

by Slappy » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:06 am

8mdude wrote: BC ferries is no different than cruise ships, so the potential of shutdown is not far fetched.

BC Ferries is an essential service so no long term shutdown would happen, it's like shutting down a highway, only temporary closures.

Unless you are on a specific lower deck you are free to just stay inside your car the entire time you are on the ferry and face zero risk.
Slappy

by 8mdude » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:53 pm

Slappy wrote:
8mdude wrote: BC ferries is no different than cruise ships, so the potential of shutdown is not far fetched.

BC Ferries is an essential service so no long term shutdown would happen, it's like shutting down a highway, only temporary closures.

Unless you are on a specific lower deck you are free to just stay inside your car the entire time you are on the ferry and face zero risk.

I hope you're right. Public health is more essential than transportation. Nowadays not many things make sense.

All these worriness making me feel so isolated -- yesterday I was all alone at Acadia just minding my own thing -- today I was all alone at the Squamish swimming pool too. They say people don't like worried people -- works for me.
8mdude

by Alton » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:25 pm

Many of the new covid-19 cases in BC over the weekend are from dentists and hygienists who attended the conference in the first week of March (15,000 attendees). If you are one of these dentists or hygienists, you need to self-quarantine.

I'm going to cancel my dental appointment until this blows over.
Alton

by Brian C » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:48 pm

Seymour, SunPeaks, Apex, Red, Revelstoke etc etc are all closing down for the season now. Looks like the best chance for recreation and exercise is on the water or in the forest.
They may have to limit the Spit to 50 people at a time too (just kidding, maybe...?).
Brian C

by Mike » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:51 am

Day 1 of full time telework. Already cabin fever...

I'm a political lightweight but the Russia / Saudia Arabia oil price war (& related US sanctions etc etc) at a time like this is rather "disappointing." That lady selling toilet paper from her SUV at the Langley Costco is another sad story. Alternatively there could be opportunity to, for at least on short term, work out some deals and focus on the virus solutions.

Ski hills closed, gyms closed, no regular wind in the near term - a tough run for the foreseable future. At least, of all things, wind sports is a good safe activity. I think (optimistically) that even the spit allows for much space. Maybe the most busy of summer days may be of question but realistically (I think) much less than being in an enclosed supermarket.
Mike

by Alton » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:18 am

Mike wrote:Day 1 of full time telework. Already cabin fever...

Similar situation but there's no wind in the forecast :cry:

Our company went into lockdown last Thursday but I go to the company gym every other day for rehab exercises to heal my rotator cuff ... nobody there so I have the whole gym to myself.
Alton

by LeopardSkin » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:46 am

Prediction from 52 years ago in haiku form:

Take your stinking paws/
off me you damn dirty ape!/
Nineteen sixty-eight
Last edited by LeopardSkin on Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeopardSkin

by Alton » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:49 am

Alton wrote: ... nobody there so I have the whole gym to myself.

Damn it. They just shutdown the gym at work for the rest of the month :cry:
Alton

by decman_r » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:09 am

Had awesome session 12 m and foil at WR. Another day today also.
decman_r

PreviousNext

Return to General