Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Tabou 79l left @ Nexen

Windsurfing shop talk

by AdrienGrelon » Sun May 12, 2019 7:29 pm

The proud owner of a 79l Tabou (Da Curve?) can claim his prize a bit above the water line, near the logs... pulled the board up from the launch area so that it wouldn't get taken away with the tide, with no one left in the parking lot... Hopefully it gets returned to the rightful (albeit forgetful) owner. Cheers.
AdrienGrelon

by C36 » Sun May 12, 2019 8:38 pm

Hip-Waders. Quick stop of the H to make sure I wasn't having a heart attack (turns out it was pain transfer from a muscle in my neck (good news). Marine layer in town. Sun in Squamish. Wind on the water. Hip-high rolling swell near the channel dolphin off the marina. Solid crowd of mainly windsurfers off Nexen. More wind at Nexen than up at the spit (unusual). Sailed up to the spit to flatten out my sail and it looked like a few kiters had hiked into the spit to launch there. A go anywhere, do anything kind of day (wind filled in shore-to-shore). Fun to hit the peak of the wind.

Gallery (better for mobile devices)
Slideshow
C36

by Chuck » Sun May 12, 2019 9:13 pm

AdrienGrelon wrote:The proud owner of a 79l Tabou (Da Curve?) can claim his prize a bit above the water line, near the logs... pulled the board up from the launch area so that it wouldn't get taken away with the tide, with no one left in the parking lot... Hopefully it gets returned to the rightful (albeit forgetful) owner. Cheers.

Board retrieved by its owner (not me! :lol: ) thanks for posting AG,
He’ll buy you some beer

What size sails were in use today and did you try any clew-first backloops off the Nexan chop?!
Chuck

by AdrienGrelon » Sun May 12, 2019 10:10 pm

Chuck wrote:Board retrieved by its owner (not me! :lol: ) thanks for posting AG,
He’ll buy you some beer

What size sails were in use today and did you try any clew-first backloops off the Nexan chop?!

Nice!

I was stacked on 4.8m, because I didn't have the good sense to pack my 4.2m :lol: But being stacked was a good thing, as the move of the day was Gutter Flips, and actually got fairly close to waterstarting one in the straps! Fun feeling when the sail backwinds and flips you over mid-air. I might need a wheelchair to go to work tomorrow, though :lol:

Good day and solid turnout. Glad Ryan coerced me with some accusatory adult language to go back up today :lol:
AdrienGrelon

by gabrielb » Mon May 13, 2019 8:43 am

Thanks David for Nexen photos. People were asking how it looked; the mad cow is funny + the foil.

They better clean up that beach, it's not beginner friendly. In a few years they'll build one of these in the middle... all may have to jump over it, only a few will make it.

eh.jpg
eh.jpg (70.08 KiB) Viewed 6874 times
gabrielb

Return to Windsurfing